* mediawiki to html
@ 2019-01-29 13:12 hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA
       [not found] ` <66e9301c-8943-4732-82af-071a957a6710-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA @ 2019-01-29 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I want to convert mediawiki files including mediawiki templates to pdf but
don't know who to get mediawiki template files to register. Pandoc is
ignoring them.

Any tips ?

* Re: mediawiki to html
       [not found] ` <66e9301c-8943-4732-82af-071a957a6710-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-29 13:37   ` Joseph Reagle
       [not found]     ` <b22a1829-5e59-97f6-4fe2-0474b1c97e17-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-01-29 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 1/29/19 8:12 AM, hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA@public.gmane.org wrote:
> I want to convert mediawiki files including mediawiki templates to
> pdf but don't know who to get mediawiki template files to register.
> Pandoc is ignoring them.

If I understand you correctly, there's thousands of templates; it's not as if pandoc has a version of the mediawiki templating engine. Your probably better going the media->HTML->PDF route.

* Re: mediawiki to html
       [not found]     ` <b22a1829-5e59-97f6-4fe2-0474b1c97e17-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-29 13:59       ` hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA
       [not found]         ` <2a3c5fdd-b4de-474b-a630-e18018ec27e5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA @ 2019-01-29 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Sorry for being unprecise.

Here is what I want to achieve with an example.

I have a mediawiki file FILE.wiki including a template part like this

{{lemma|1=
The following are equivalent for all propositional formulas $\varphi$ and
$\psi$:
# $\varphi \SemEquiv \psi$.
# $\models \varphi \leftrightarrow \psi$.
}}

and a mediawiki template file Template:lemma like this :

'''Lemma'''
{{{1}}}

I want to convert FILE.wiki to html and the html afterwads to pdf.
Currently the lemma part in FILE.wiki, defined in Template:lemma, is
ignored and only the rest is converted.

Sorry for being pandoc newb.

@ 2019-01-30  5:35           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2sgxaemi0.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-30  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA, pandoc-discuss

From the comments in the source code of the mediawiki
reader:

TODO:
_ correctly handle tables within tables
_ parse templates?

So, sorry, this just isn't implemented yet.
You could add a request on pandoc's GitHub issue
tracker which might increase the probability that
someone will get to it.

* Re: mediawiki to html
       [not found]             ` <m2sgxaemi0.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-30 12:53               ` hbs-3vvhdjb0zIN5ymO/+jiHEA