Hi all, Someone recently asked me if it was possible to pretty print markdown in a terminal, for example to preview git commit messages and such. I'm playing around with the idea as basically stripping some formatting (I don't need # or === but I want to keep bullets or numbers for lists) and injecting in colours, bold, underlines etc. So far I have: import Text.Pandoc colour :: Block -> Block colour (Header n xs) = Para $ map modHeader xs --colour (BulletList xs) = BulletList $ map modBullet xs colour x = x modHeader :: Inline -> Inline modHeader (Str xs) = Str $ "\x1b[1m\x1b[32m" ++ xs ++ "\x1b[0m" modHeader x = x --modBullets :: Block -> Block --modBullets (Plain xs) = Plain $ map modBullet xs --modBullet :: Inline -> Inline --modBullet (Str xs) = Str $ "\x1b[1m\x1b[32m" ++ xs ++ "\x1b[0m" main :: IO () main = toJsonFilter $ colour Which just makes all headers green (I'll add in cases for different depths later). I'm having trouble with bullet lists though. I'd like to mutate them either into a single paragraph with injected newlines and dashes for bullets (and characters for colour encoding) or modify the content of each point with inline colour encoding. To execute what I have so far, I compile as toTerminal and run files through pandoc like: pandoc -t json something.markdown | ./toTerminal | pandoc -f json -t plain And hints or tips would be very much appreciated! If I can get the bullet lists working, I'm pretty sure I can figure the rest out. :) Thanks, Mark -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pandoc-discuss/-/7NiJS5t6WnAJ. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.