* GitHub Actions - openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
@ 2021-06-28 17:03 Shakrmaker
       [not found] ` <06a85c25-bad6-4c22-a184-a3becb9f64dbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Shakrmaker @ 2021-06-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Everyone,

Apologies, but I've searched all the threads here (StackOverflow, etc), and
while I've found lots of folks hitting it, I haven't found my solution. I
set up a GitHub Action in my repo on push, essentially using the provided
example on https://github.com/pandoc/pandoc-action-example.

I can run and access my input files fine with a simple run ls, via an
/absolute/path, via ${{ github.workspace }}/path, or via
$GITHUB_WORKSPACE/path so I know they are there.

But when I try to call pandoc with the yaml, I get the classic error:
pandoc: *(my-valid/path*): openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or
directory)

My yaml:

on: push

jobs:
  convert_via_pandoc:
    runs-on: ubuntu-18.04
    steps:
      # Checks-out repository under $GITHUB_WORKSPACE, so job can access it
      - uses: actions/checkout@v2
      - run: ls [valid/path].md
      - uses: docker://pandoc/core:2.11.2
        with:
          args: >-  # break args into multiple lines
            -s
            -M title="My Title"
            -o output.html
            -f markdown
            [valid/path].md

Here's an example showing the path is valid, and the failure when I try to
access that path as the input file (same occurs using $GITHUB_WORKSPACE,
etc).

I am a newbie to both GitHub Actions and Pandoc, so it must be something
obvious to the experts here. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

[-- Attachment #2: run2_failure.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 381871 bytes --]

* Re: GitHub Actions - openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
       [not found] ` <06a85c25-bad6-4c22-a184-a3becb9f64dbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-28 17:29   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m28s2tnbi3.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-06-28 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shakrmaker, pandoc-discuss

Take a look at the docker command.  The -v option is being used
to map your directory to a different directory in the docker
image, so you'll have to use a different path.

@ 2021-06-28 21:28       ` Shakrmaker
       [not found]         ` <b9b67058-9a97-471a-b6d6-0021ea504a36n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Shakrmaker @ 2021-06-28 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks John. I'm still searching for where the -v arg is used which maps
the volumes. So far, no luck searching in:
https://github.com/pandoc/dockerfiles

I see:
https://github.com/pandoc/dockerfiles/blob/master/ubuntu/Dockerfile#L73

I've also tried to ls /data in an action run. I can, but that clearly is
not where my repo is being delivered inside the container.

Clearly, I don't understand where convert_via_pandoc is that the yaml
calls, or where the arguments are.

@ 2021-06-28 21:39           ` Shakrmaker
       [not found]             ` <07d841b9-a12f-450d-92c3-60d519876708n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Shakrmaker @ 2021-06-28 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Oh, gah. I think maybe I've found it in the GitHub Actions output. Trying
these shortly, the values mapped on the right hand side:

-v "/home/runner/work/_temp/_github_home":"/github/home"
-v "/home/runner/work/[repo-path]":"/github/workspace"

@ 2021-06-28 22:06               ` Shakrmaker
From: Shakrmaker @ 2021-06-28 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss