* Columns in beamer
@ 2017-11-01 18:57 John Muccigrosso
       [not found] ` <c14b834a-6284-4b00-b518-a4ed18b8df84-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2017-11-01 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I just noticed that if I use columns in a beamer presentation (which are
BTW a great addition!), the top margin is different from when there are no
columns. Also, when there's, say, a lot of text in one column that overruns
it, the vertical start of the columns moves higher.

I have also no clue about how beamer works, so I'm not sure if these are
unavoidable issues.

TIA.

(Clearly I'm working on some beamer presentations lately!)

* Re: Columns in beamer
       [not found] ` <c14b834a-6284-4b00-b518-a4ed18b8df84-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-01 18:58   ` John Muccigrosso
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2017-11-01 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Meant to add this PDF which shows the issue.

[-- Attachment #2: columns_in_beamer.pdf --]

* Re: Columns in beamer
       [not found] ` <c14b834a-6284-4b00-b518-a4ed18b8df84-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-03 21:39   ` Joost Kremers
       [not found]     ` <87zi83oxcx.fsf-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2017-11-03 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Wed, Nov 01 2017, John Muccigrosso wrote:
> I just noticed that if I use columns in a beamer presentation
> (which are
> BTW a great addition!), the top margin is different from when
> there are no
> columns. Also, when there's, say, a lot of text in one column
> that overruns
> it, the vertical start of the columns moves higher.
>
> I have also no clue about how beamer works, so I'm not sure if
> these are
> unavoidable issues.

Those are no doubt beamer issues. You'll notice that in the first
slide (without columns) the image is slightly larger than in the
second and third slides. (That may in fact be Pandoc's doing,
because AFAIK beamer doesn't scale images unless it's told to do
so.) Beamer normally vertically centres the contents of a slide,
so if you have more on a slide, the top margin will be smaller.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: Columns in beamer