* Grid Table in HTML output
@ 2013-10-27 12:06 Nathan Eikermann
       [not found] ` <c9885c55-e82e-4616-8e6a-23a09fc91ac2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nathan Eikermann @ 2013-10-27 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I am fairly new to pandoc. I've been using it in university to write down
stuff during class. It really works well so far.
So far only one thing bugs me:

I have a table like this in the markdown file:

:    NOT, Negation

+ - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
 | a    | $\lnot a$          |
+===+===========+
 | 0    | 1                     |
+ - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
 | 1    | 0                     |
+ - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+

I convert the .md files to html using pandoc-academic in sublime-text. In
the html output the tables have no grid though.
What do I need to add to the html template so that the table will have a
grid in the output?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Nathan

* Re: Grid Table in HTML output
       [not found] ` <c9885c55-e82e-4616-8e6a-23a09fc91ac2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-27 17:44   ` John Gabriele
       [not found]     ` <CAO9PwMUQqn3F85p6d6gjqYNEQfrofG4qCKzxOZkRsPyEo3W4QA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: John Gabriele @ 2013-10-27 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm not familiar with pandoc-academic, but if you want borders in the html
output of your tables, you can do that with css. I like to keep a
~/tmpl/styles.css file hanging around with some basic styling, and then
process my files using a command like:

    pandoc -s -S --css=/home/john/tmpl/styles.css -o foo.html foo.txt

-- John

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Nathan Eikermann <
tensazangetsu1990-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to pandoc. I've been using it in university to write down
> stuff during class. It really works well so far.
> So far only one thing bugs me:
>
> I have a table like this in the markdown file:
>
> :    NOT, Negation
>
> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>  | a    | $\lnot a$          |
> +===+===========+
>  | 0    | 1                     |
> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>  | 1    | 0                     |
> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>

> I convert the .md files to html using pandoc-academic in sublime-text. In
> the html output the tables have no grid though.
> What do I need to add to the html template so that the table will have a
> grid in the output?
>
> Thanks for your help in advance!
>
> Nathan
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c9885c55-e82e-4616-8e6a-23a09fc91ac2%40googlegroups.com
> .

* Re: Grid Table in HTML output
       [not found]     ` <CAO9PwMUQqn3F85p6d6gjqYNEQfrofG4qCKzxOZkRsPyEo3W4QA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-27 17:58       ` Nathan Eikermann
       [not found]         ` <cb310468-41ee-4328-9f68-ca396f13328c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nathan Eikermann @ 2013-10-27 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thank you for your answer!
Though my question was more like what exactl line do I need to add to the
css file. I have no idea what the syntax for the table borders is.

Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013 18:44:30 UTC+1 schrieb John Gabriele:

> I'm not familiar with pandoc-academic, but if you want borders in the html
> output of your tables, you can do that with css. I like to keep a
> ~/tmpl/styles.css file hanging around with some basic styling, and then
> process my files using a command like:
>
>     pandoc -s -S --css=/home/john/tmpl/styles.css -o foo.html foo.txt
>
> -- John
>

> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Nathan Eikermann <
> tensazan...-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am fairly new to pandoc. I've been using it in university to write down
>> stuff during class. It really works well so far.
>> So far only one thing bugs me:
>>
>> I have a table like this in the markdown file:
>>
>> :    NOT, Negation
>>
>> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>>  | a    | $\lnot a$          |
>> +===+===========+
>>  | 0    | 1                     |
>> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>>  | 1    | 0                     |
>> + - - -+ - - - - - - - - - - -+
>>

>> I convert the .md files to html using pandoc-academic in sublime-text. In
>> the html output the tables have no grid though.
>> What do I need to add to the html template so that the table will have a
>> grid in the output?
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance!
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> --
>> .
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c9885c55-e82e-4616-8e6a-23a09fc91ac2%40googlegroups.com
>> .

* Re: Grid Table in HTML output
       [not found]         ` <cb310468-41ee-4328-9f68-ca396f13328c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-27 23:22           ` John Gabriele
       [not found]             ` <CAO9PwMWacMwJn1s6M6Y2E8LX3jC-COoF8qZBpVuvoR0LXr==6w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: John Gabriele @ 2013-10-27 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Oh, well, maybe start your styles.css file off with this:

~~~css
table {
    background-color: #eee;
    padding-left: 2px;
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    border-collapse: collapse;
}

th {
    background-color: #ccc;
    padding-right: 4px;
}

tr, td, th {
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    padding-left: 4px;
    padding-left: 4px;
}
~~~

-- John

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Nathan Eikermann <

* Re: Grid Table in HTML output
       [not found]             ` <CAO9PwMWacMwJn1s6M6Y2E8LX3jC-COoF8qZBpVuvoR0LXr==6w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-28 17:16               ` Nathan Eikermann
From: Nathan Eikermann @ 2013-10-28 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)