Hi there. That is precisely the kind of output I would like to have. Similar to what tools like mdBook produce. I would be glad if you could share more details on that custom writer. Thank you and regards. On Friday, 4 November 2022 at 17:51:24 UTC+1 wlu...-QSt+ys/nuMyEUIsrzH9SikB+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org wrote: > See https://usp.technology/specification for an example of how the > Broadband Forum has recently been publishing some specs. This output is > generated via an html-multi-writer.lua custom writer that contains the > logic for splitting the output into multiple files (based on header level > and/or specific classes). The writer also takes care of generating the > navigation bar that you see at the top and bottom of the pages. The > multiple files are then passed through pandoc again (to add the overall > sidebar ToC and the top/bottom navigation bars, and to generate multiple > standalone docs). > > Please let me know if you'd like more details (the overall setup is not > very easily shareable, because it's heavily dependent on rather complicated > make rules, but I could probably share the custom writer and give some > example command lines.) > > On Fri, 4 Nov 2022 at 12:45, Luís de Sousa wrote: > >> Dear all, >> >> I am currently working on a long document that must served as a web page. >> The single file output is becoming too slow and cumbersome for readers. I >> am aware this functionality is not available, but a Feature Request is open >> [0]. >> >> In that issue there are some hints to this issue being addressable with a >> template [1]. I have tried many HTML templates, but never seen one that >> would split a long document in a set of small files. Would there be an >> example somewhere I could follow? Otherwise, could someone provide a >> general idea of how such template would function? >> >> Thank you. >> >> [0] https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6122 >> >> [1] https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6122#issuecomment-583593340 >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "pandoc-discuss" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/264eeee0-68c8-4389-a5c5-12563c6926f6n%40googlegroups.com >> >> . >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/cb3753d7-e845-4a72-a1aa-e93086a32f11n%40googlegroups.com.