* Custom code highlight
@ 2020-04-04 21:57 Boro Sitnikovski
       [not found] ` <fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Boro Sitnikovski @ 2020-04-04 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a combination
of markdown and TeX files.

It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.

Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
use TeX's `lstlisting`?

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found] ` <fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-04 22:28   ` jeremy theler
       [not found]     ` <CAK0Liyn=D=PO3NEj=Pmm9pUNJLYF2HBvK64=HjBEo_B_ZqQKTw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: jeremy theler @ 2020-04-04 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try

```{.language=yourlang}

I also define a style, and choose it passing the style as

```{.style=yourstyle}

--
jeremy theler
www.seamplex.com

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 18:57 Boro Sitnikovski <buritomath-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a combination
> of markdown and TeX files.
>
> It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
> have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
> use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.
>
> Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
> use TeX's `lstlisting`?
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found]     ` <CAK0Liyn=D=PO3NEj=Pmm9pUNJLYF2HBvK64=HjBEo_B_ZqQKTw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-04 22:49       ` Boro Sitnikovski
From: Boro Sitnikovski @ 2020-04-04 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I can't get it to work.

My build step does `pandoc ... --listings -H data/setup.tex`. In
data/setup.tex I `\usepackage{data/dafny}` and data/dafny.sty does
`\lstdefinelanguage{dafny}...`.

Tried ```dafny, ```{.language=dafny}, ```{.language=dafny .style=dafny},
```{.language=dafny,.style=dafny} but none worked.

Am I doing this right or missing something?

Thanks!

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 12:28:57 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Theler wrote:

> Try
>
> ```{.language=yourlang}
>
> I also define a style, and choose it passing the style as
>
> ```{.style=yourstyle}
>

> --
> jeremy theler
> www.seamplex.com
>
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 18:57 Boro Sitnikovski <burit...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a
>> combination of markdown and TeX files.
>>
>> It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
>> have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
>> use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.
>>
>> Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
>> use TeX's `lstlisting`?
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found] ` <fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 16:42   ` Christophe Demko
       [not found]     ` <5f4a4351-0362-4595-8476-31c586e09fc0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Christophe Demko @ 2020-04-05 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

simply use this:

~~~java
Your java code
~~~

~~~c
your c code
~~~

See https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#syntax-highlighting and
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#fenced-code-blocks

Le samedi 4 avril 2020 23:57:39 UTC+2, Boro Sitnikovski a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a combination
> of markdown and TeX files.
>
> It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
> have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
> use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.
>
> Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
> use TeX's `lstlisting`?

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found]     ` <5f4a4351-0362-4595-8476-31c586e09fc0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 16:51       ` Boro Sitnikovski
From: Boro Sitnikovski @ 2020-04-05 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you Christophe, however, I already went through that documentation
and it does not address my question.

Let's assume you have
https://github.com/dafny-lang/dafny/blob/master/Util/latex/dafny.sty. What
would you do so that the following highlights the code properly?

~~~dafny
~~~

Note:

$ pandoc --list-highlight-languages | grep dafny
$

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6:42:48 PM UTC+2, Christophe Demko wrote:

> simply use this:
>
> ~~~java
> Your java code
> ~~~
>
> ~~~c
> your c code
> ~~~
>
> See https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#syntax-highlighting and
> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#fenced-code-blocks
>
> Le samedi 4 avril 2020 23:57:39 UTC+2, Boro Sitnikovski a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a
>> combination of markdown and TeX files.
>>
>> It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
>> have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
>> use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.
>>
>> Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
>> use TeX's `lstlisting`?

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found] ` <fccc7bd6-b608-4272-a3fd-9ef1cf30b774-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 18:13   ` Christophe Demko
       [not found]     ` <b6ecbefd-98a7-4c06-a0ad-6ad319b0fdea-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Christophe Demko @ 2020-04-05 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

You can define your own language for pandoc
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--syntax-definition
https://github.com/KDE/syntax-highlighting/tree/master/data/syntax

$ pandoc --syntax-definition dafny.xml -o test.pdf
~~~dafny
~~~

Le samedi 4 avril 2020 23:57:39 UTC+2, Boro Sitnikovski a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a combination
> of markdown and TeX files.
>
> It contains source code from different programming languages for which I
> have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`. However, when I
> use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting styles are not applied.
>
> Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't have to
> use TeX's `lstlisting`?

* Re: Custom code highlight
       [not found]     ` <b6ecbefd-98a7-4c06-a0ad-6ad319b0fdea-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 19:18       ` Jeremy Theler
       [not found]         ` <aece3e5c789e8b7ab1ead4aa07bc4f6dd9542191.camel-24em0bpozeFWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jeremy Theler @ 2020-04-05 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

This is not needed for a custom language defined in LaTeX listings.Use
~~~dafny
or
~~~{language=dafny}
or
~~~{style=dafny}

and see what the TeX output is. For sure you'll figure out how to match
the listings definition you have in the .styOr share the .sty to see
what's in there.

On Sun, 2020-04-05 at 11:13 -0700, Christophe Demko wrote:
> You can define your own language for pandoc
> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--syntax-definition
> https://github.com/KDE/syntax-highlighting/tree/master/data/syntax
>
> $ pandoc --syntax-definition dafny.xml -o test.pdf~~~dafny...~~~
>
> Le samedi 4 avril 2020 23:57:39 UTC+2, Boro Sitnikovski a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > I am preparing my masters thesis in Pandoc. It is written in a
> > combination of markdown and TeX files.
> >
> > It contains source code from different programming languages for
> > which I have a corresponding .sty file with `lstdefinelanguage`.
> > However, when I use the triple backticks (```), the highlighting
> > styles are not applied.
> >
> > Is there a way to apply those styles to backticks so that I don't
> > have to use TeX's `lstlisting`?
>

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b6ecbefd-98a7-4c06-a0ad-6ad319b0fdea%40googlegroups.com
> .