I am trying to use the syntax of https://lierdakil.github.io/pandoc-crossref/#code-block-labels to create a code block that I can reference elsewhere in the same file: ```{#lst:code .haskell caption="Listing caption"} main :: IO () main = putStrLn "Hello World!" ``` The output is pdf. Here is what I see: - It works well with the eisvogel template without any issues. - It works somehow with the default template. The cross reference works, with some warnings, such as "[WARNING] Citeproc: citation lst:code1 not found". I can live with the warnings. - It has issues when I use the default template and a latex header file to customize the format of the pdf output. It complains "! LaTeX Error: Environment codelisting undefined." I am not at the stage where I can modify the template yet to change the output format due to the steep learning curve, so I need to stay with the default template plus the local header .tex file. I know that this is a known issue with pandoc-crossref and solutions have been suggested at https://lierdakil.github.io/pandoc-crossref/#caveats. Again, due to the learning curve, I am not able to comprehend them. A simple solution in https://mickey-happygolucky.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/04/05/012146 suggests using "-M listings" in the command line, and it works for me to suppress the above LaTeX Error. However, the code block does not have a list caption, and the cross-reference defaults to the section number. Could anyone provide a straightforward solution or explanation with enough details so that I can adapt to my case? I know enough LaTeX to make it work one way or another, but I don't have enough knowledge of the configuration of Pandoc and pandoc-crossref; so detailed instruction is needed. Many thanks, JH -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ccb7f2ab-98bc-4c2d-a11c-6f7ff0eea66cn%40googlegroups.com.