* Pandoc-based preview for LaTeX, Org, reStructuredText, Textile, and more in VS Code
@ 2023-03-25 21:54 Geoffrey Poore
From: Geoffrey Poore @ 2023-03-25 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've just released version 0.13.0 of Codebraid Preview for VS Code (VS
Marketplace
<https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=gpoore.codebraid-preview>,
Open VSX <https://open-vsx.org/extension/gpoore/codebraid-preview>). The
HTML preview now supports LaTeX, Org, reStructuredText, and Textile, in
addition to the Markdown variants supported previously. There is also
scroll sync between the document source and the preview for all formats.
Pandoc parse errors from invalid documents are displayed in the preview,
with a link to jump to the corresponding source location, which is
particularly useful for LaTeX. Code execution with Codebraid (Jupyter
kernels or built-in system) is currently still limited to Markdown, but I'm
hoping to support additional formats soon.

The preview is now compatible with any text-based document format supported
by Pandoc, including custom Lua readers. Additional formats can typically
be added by defining a few settings. The scroll sync capabilities can also
be extended to any format. I'm happy to add support for other formats that
are built into Pandoc, or help get scroll sync working with custom readers.

This requires Pandoc 3.1.1 for full functionality. It wouldn't have been
possible without all of the excellent new Lua features from Pandoc 2.17
through 3.1.1!

Geoff Poore