* Help when convert to html and odt after
@ 2017-09-25 15:40 CesarJ M
       [not found] ` <b9ec5527-9376-4057-bb3b-4d35aa05f27f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-25 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a MD with Md Toc section. I'm using last nightly version of pandoc
Then, when convert to html:
pandoc mydoc.md -f gfm --self-contained --standalone -t html -o mydoc.html

Inside html is followinng code:
  <!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <script
src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.3/html5shiv-printshiv.min.js"></script>
  <![endif]-->

And
<!-- MDTOC maxdepth:6 firsth1:1 numbering:0 flatten:0 bullets:1
updateOnSave:0 -->

When after, I convert to odt by example, and open it, show the Odt with
comments, one for the script, and other for the MDTOC header.
Howto convert without these codes?

Regards

* Re: Help when convert to html and odt after
       [not found] ` <b9ec5527-9376-4057-bb3b-4d35aa05f27f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-25 15:53   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20170925155355.GC61612-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-09-25 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Are you saying that, when you convert from HTML to ODT, the
HTML comments are appearing in the ODT?

Can you give a minimal example to reproduce?

Note that the ODT writer using the OpenDocument writer.
And when I use that, HTML comments are not passed through in
any way:

% pandoc -t opendocument -f html
<!-- hi -->
[warning] Skipped '<!-- hi -->' at input line 1 column 3

+++ CesarJ M [Sep 25 17 08:40 ]:

@ 2017-09-26  7:46       ` CesarJ M
       [not found]         ` <82fdd7f8-d9c0-48ee-b386-959ae529b6ff-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-26  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My MD example is:

Text line

<h2>Index</h2>

<!-- MDTOC maxdepth:6 firsth1:1 numbering:0 flatten:0 bullets:1
updateOnSave:0 -->

... (the index generated automatically using mdtoc)

<!-- /MDTOC -->

Then, when I convert to odt:
- This text is inserted in conversion (I do not know what it's for):
  <!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <script
src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.3/html5shiv-printshiv.min.js"></script>
  <![endif]-->
</head>

When I open the odt (LibreOffice):
Show this as comment:
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <script
src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.3/html5shiv-printshiv.min.js"></script>
  <![endif]-->
(without author)
2017/09/25 17:26

And other comment near before Index title:
MDTOC maxdepth:6 firsth1:1 numbering:0 flatten:0 bullets:1 updateOnSave:0
(without author)
2017/09/25 17:26

Regards

@ 2017-09-26  7:50       ` CesarJ M
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-26  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

image adjunt

escribió:

> Are you saying that, when you convert from HTML to ODT, the
> HTML comments are appearing in the ODT?
>
> Can you give a minimal example to reproduce?
>
> Note that the ODT writer using the OpenDocument writer.
> And when I use that, HTML comments are not passed through in
> any way:
>
> % pandoc -t opendocument -f html
> <!-- hi -->
> [warning] Skipped '<!-- hi -->' at input line 1 column 3
>

> +++ CesarJ M [Sep 25 17 08:40 ]:
> >   Hi,
> >   I have a MD with Md Toc section. I'm using last nightly version of
> >   pandoc
> >   Then, when convert to html:
> >   pandoc mydoc.md -f gfm --self-contained --standalone -t html -o
> >   mydoc.html
> >   Inside html is followinng code:
> >     <!--[if lt IE 9]>
> >       <script
> >   src="//
> cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.3/html5shiv-printsh
> >   iv.min.js"></script>
> >     <![endif]-->
> >   And
> >   <!-- MDTOC maxdepth:6 firsth1:1 numbering:0 flatten:0 bullets:1
> >   updateOnSave:0 -->
> >   When after, I convert to odt by example, and open it, show the Odt
> with
> >   comments, one for the script, and other for the MDTOC header.
> >   Howto convert without these codes?
> >   Regards
> >
> >   --
> >   To view this discussion on the web visit
> >   [3]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b9ec5527-9376-4057-
> >   bb3b-4d35aa05f27f%40googlegroups.com.
> >
> >References

> >   2. mailto:pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>
> >   3.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b9ec5527-9376-4057-bb3b-4d35aa05f27f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> >   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

[-- Attachment #2: image1-odt.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 6446 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: image2-odt.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 18231 bytes --]

@ 2017-09-26 16:06           ` John MACFARLANE
       [not found]             ` <20170926160635.GH70046-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-09-26 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I have no idea why that text would be inserted.  It is part
of the default HTML template for pandoc, but this template
shouldn't be used when creating odt.

Most likely this "mdtoc" thing you're using is doing this
(I don't know what mdtoc is).  You might ask the maintainers
of mdtoc.

If you want more help here, it would be helpful to know the
exact command you used to convert this example to odt.

+++ CesarJ M [Sep 26 17 00:46 ]:

@ 2017-09-26 17:01               ` CesarJ M
       [not found]                 ` <5cbd73d7-4603-41bf-a52a-2083b706b41f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-26 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The mdtoc is a plugin used in Atom Gui, to maintain one index automatically.
The command to convert from md to html is:
pandoc -f gfm --self-contained -t html -o file.html file.md
In the html appears this mdtoc comment and the other javascript function.
For convert to odt
pandoc -f html -t odt -o file.odt file.html

@ 2017-09-26 17:09                   ` CesarJ M
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-26 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The -t odt is different of -t odt?

@ 2017-09-26 17:10                   ` CesarJ M
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The -t odt is different of -t opendocument?

@ 2017-09-26 17:58           ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-09-26 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I can't reproduce this either with pandoc dev or pandoc
1.19.2.1.

pandoc -o my.dot << EOF
Text line

<h2>Index</h2>

<!-- MDTOC maxdepth:6 firsth1:1 numbering:0 flatten:0 bullets:1
updateOnSave:0 -->

... (the index generated automatically using mdtoc)

<!-- /MDTOC -->
EOF

I get an ODT without any literal HTML.

There was a bug where raw HTML was passed literally to
ODT, but it was fixed in 2013.

Now, I suppose you've actually got some HTML where you
put "(the index generated automatically)".

Is it, by chance, indented by at least four spaces?  If so,
that could explain what we're seeing ... since pandoc would
parse an indented section as a code block rather than raw
HTML.

* Re: Help when convert to html and odt after
@ 2017-09-27 15:12             ` CesarJ M
From: CesarJ M @ 2017-09-27 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss