Hello! We use Pandoc often to convert from docx to HTML, and many of the documents we convert include tables. As far as we can tell, almost all of the table styling is lost in the docx reader. Specifically, we care about 5 things: 1. Text justification (left, center, or right) 2. Vertical alignment (top, middle, or bottom) 3. Text indentation 4. Cell shading and text color 5. Table borders We hope to enhance the docx reader so that these stylings get preserved in the AST. Proposed solutions: 1. It seems like text justification already exists in the AST through the Alignment value. It just needs to get implemented in the docx reader, as described in this issue: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6316 2. Add the vertical alignment style to attributes as suggested here 3. Add text indentation to attributes in the form of the style padding-left 4. Add cell shading and text color to attributes in the form of the styles background-color and color 5. Add table borders to attributes in the form of the style border Does this sound like a sane and feasible solution? We're pretty motivated and willing to work on these changes, just want to know if they would be the best route! Thanks! Noah -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/cf7005a8-0447-4667-acb2-c1eccbaacaden%40googlegroups.com.