* Defaults Files and header-includes
@ 2023-10-10  1:06 iandol
       [not found] ` <cd6c5731-19c7-4189-9b45-ab783decfdb4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: iandol @ 2023-10-10  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I want to use header-includes: in a defaults file, so assuming it is
metadata (i.e. converted to variables for the template) do this in my
typst.yaml defaults file:

metadata:
header-includes: |
```{=typst}
#set heading(numbering: "(I)")
```
mainfont: "Alegreya Sans"

But the output is escaped. The same header-includes text works when added
to the document metadata header directly. I'm probably doing something
stupid but didn't yet grok what that is... Any help appreciated!

Best, Ian

* Re: Defaults Files and header-includes
       [not found] ` <cd6c5731-19c7-4189-9b45-ab783decfdb4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-10-10  4:03   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <BE9346D3-73A6-47AD-8EEB-BC94E6EA601D-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-10-10  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

metadata in a defaults file is parsed as plain text not markdown (remember, default files are basically equivalent to specifying something on the command line, and this is how --metadata behaves). So the raw attribute won't be recognized.

@ 2023-10-10 12:44       ` iandol
       [not found]         ` <8f5ccade-4695-4bc4-a61d-e7c9cf24db50n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: iandol @ 2023-10-10 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks John, so there is no way to stop the escaping as even if I remove
the raw attribute, the # of the typst set command also gets escaped
stopping it from working...?

Best, Ian

@ 2023-10-10 15:50           ` iandol
       [not found]             ` <69a8684d-d7db-421f-9a8c-3454ca012511n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: iandol @ 2023-10-10 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

So reading the docs on --metadata-file I assumed I could use this instead,
so I make a new yaml file saved to the data dir metadata folder and call it
from the defaults file. In the metadata.yaml file I put:

*header-includes: |*
* `#set heading(numbering: "(I)")`{=typst}*

and this gives me *#set heading(numbering: "(I)")* -- good, pandoc parsed
the markdown and didn't escape the # .However I then tried a block:

*header-includes: |*
* ```{=typst}*
* #set heading(numbering: "(I)")*
* ```*

And the output is *`{=typst} #set heading(numbering: "(I)")` *— hm not so
clear why the block generates this unesscaped but transformed markdown?

Ian

@ 2023-10-10 15:58               ` iandol
       [not found]                 ` <2e8f4aa6-79e4-4bf0-808a-764da284133dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: iandol @ 2023-10-10 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

OK, I realised the YAML needs a trailing newline after the string scalar,
this works fine:

header-includes: |
```{=typst}
#set heading(numbering: "I.")
#set text(font: "Alegreya Sans", size: 14pt, discretionary-ligatures: true,
number-type: "old-style")
```

...note the trailing blank line...

@ 2023-10-10 17:06                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                     ` <6FE0832A-2D38-447D-8044-CDAC6991A55F-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-10-10 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hm, this is maybe something that could be improved, if you want to put up a bug report.

@ 2023-10-11  2:24                       ` iandol
From: iandol @ 2023-10-11  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss