* Problems with the ConTeXt template in Pandoc 1.15.2
@ 2015-11-17 21:57 Rik Kabel
       [not found] ` <eab1e6d5-d723-49bd-94be-a0828eaab4c9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-11-17 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have come across two issues with the new default ConTeXt template in
Pandoc 1.15.2:

   1. There are two distinct meanings for 'title' in the combined
   pandoc/context environment, and the new template does not properly deal
   with them. So, when $title$ is defined, it sets up a formatted display of
   the document title (one meaning of 'title') and applies it to every
   unnumbered chapter-level heading (the other meaning of 'title'). It does
   this with the \setuphead[title] directive, which is meant for meaning two.
   The old template, I recall, explicitly placed a formatted title at the
   beginning of the document without overriding the setting for
   unnumbered-chapter-level headings. That practice should be restored.
   2. The \setupbodyfont[mainfont...] directive is placed too early.
   ConTeXt delays a number of internal settings involving fonts until the
   \setupbodyfont directive is encountered. By placing it high-up in the
   template, a user is not able to usefully perform additional font diddling
   (a technical term, I assure you) by way of a header include file.
   Generally, I find that \setupbodyfont should be the directive immediately
   preceding \starttext.

Otherwise, the template is a pleasant improvement.
--
Rik

* Re: Problems with the ConTeXt template in Pandoc 1.15.2
       [not found] ` <eab1e6d5-d723-49bd-94be-a0828eaab4c9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-11-18  1:34   ` Andrew Dunning
       [not found]     ` <081e8409-26fa-4a9f-ba0d-6e0d1b085d58-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Andrew Dunning @ 2015-11-18  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks, Rik. I'm still getting the hang of ConTeXt, so it's not surprising
that I missed a few things; please do contribute any further
problems/improvements you find.

Proposed fix for the title block problem is at
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/pull/156/files>.

There's already some work to improve the fonts at
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/pull/154>.

@ 2015-11-20 23:17       ` John MACFARLANE
       [not found]         ` <20151120231733.GB25763-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2015-11-20 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Another ConTeXt question.

The default template seems to put page numbers on the top of
every page, including the first page.  This is unusual,
and different from the default latex setup.  Is there a way
to block the page number on the first page, in particular?
And would it be worth putting the number on the bottom by
default?

+++ Andrew Dunning [Nov 17 15 17:34 ]:

@ 2015-11-21  5:10           ` Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2015-11-21  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)