* Problem with footnotes in OrgMode
@ 2017-10-07 14:49 Elias S
       [not found] ` <8f86db36-4b8b-457e-bd48-542b3a016ff1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Elias S @ 2017-10-07 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi

I've been using pandoc for markdown, and recently started writing my texts
in Org. I ran into an issue concerning footnotes.

According to the Org Manual <http://orgmode.org/manual/Footnotes.html>, a
footnote definition ends after two consecutive empty lines. Pandoc doesn't
seem to respect this.

For example, when I write:

Paragraph. Some text.[fn:some_note]

[fn:some_note] Footnote text goes here.

Second paragraph.

pandoc includes 'second paragraph' in the footnote.

When exporting with the included Org exporting function, the result is as
expected: the second paragraph is not included in the footnote.

I am guessing this is a bug. Or am I missing something?

Since I am a new and rather inexperienced user, I thought I'd post it here
before submitting it as a bug.

Kind regards
Elias

* Re: Problem with footnotes in OrgMode
       [not found] ` <8f86db36-4b8b-457e-bd48-542b3a016ff1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-10-07 15:01   ` Elias S
From: Elias S @ 2017-10-07 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

To add: I've tested this both with converting the .org to PDF and to
Markdown, and in both instances pandoc seems to misinterpret (or neglect)
the end of the footnote.

@ 2017-10-08 12:14   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87efqd4yyr.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2017-10-08 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello Elias,

Elias S <elias.storms-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> According to the Org Manual, a footnote definition ends after two
> consecutive empty lines. Pandoc doesn't seem to respect this.

Indeed, this is a bug; thank you for reporting it!
I'm working on a fix.

Best,
Albert

@ 2017-10-11  8:30       ` Elias S
From: Elias S @ 2017-10-11  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Many thanks for your swift response. I'm glad to hear that you are working
on it.

For others looking for an intermediate solution: I move all my footnotes
down so that they appear just above a header. Pandoc does recognize that
footnotes end at a header, so this works fine. Me personally, I like to
keep my footnotes close to the paragraphs, so I'm looking forward to a real
fix.

Best
Elias

@ 2018-10-05 11:54       ` Dan
       [not found]         ` <26dacaa0-c520-44bd-8de3-c5edde9b5bb5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dan @ 2018-10-05 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm having the same issue. Any news on a fix?

Best,
Dan

@ 2018-10-05 16:41           ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]             ` <5597E075-8BC5-497F-B7DF-5E6CCE2B5C05-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-10-05 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Works for me. Are you using the latest pandoc version?

@ 2018-10-08 10:40               ` Dan
       [not found]                 ` <8de2707c-7e44-49a4-8664-9058c026f77a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dan @ 2018-10-08 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I think so. It works using Elias's "intermediate solution". This might be
an issue with ox-pandoc (which I am using) rather than pandoc itself - but
since I saw this issue posted here I assumed it had the same source.

Dan

@ 2018-10-09 18:16                   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                     ` <87tvlvq92u.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-10-09 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I checked with ox-pandoc and cannot reproduce the issue there either.
Could you post a minimal example which demonstrates the problem?

@ 2019-02-13 11:50                       ` Dan Elbro
From: Dan Elbro @ 2019-02-13 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw