* Footnote in author failure using YAML metadata block
@ 2016-11-14  8:52 Denis José Navas Vega
       [not found] ` <692c0d67-5efe-40e2-83c9-de3edbea7279-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis José Navas Vega @ 2016-11-14  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Recently discovered that a footenote marker with the author name in a YAML
metadata block, does not produce a footnote. But if I use the pandoc title
block, works as expected. I copy the text in question below:

---
title:  El precio del frijol rojo no debe ser mayor a 0.70
author: Any Angel[^1]
date:   2014-09-23

<!--
pandoc footnote-in-author-failure.md -o footnote-in-author-failure.docx
-->

En los últimos meses, hemos visto declaraciones en varias oportunidades
de que “El precio del frijol rojo no debe ser mayor a \$0.70”. Esto me
llevó a preguntar, ¿en que se fundamenta dicha declaración?

[^1]: phD en economía de El Salvador.

I wish to know if a solution exists with YAML metadata block.

* Re: Footnote in author failure using YAML metadata block
       [not found] ` <692c0d67-5efe-40e2-83c9-de3edbea7279-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-15 14:06   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20161115140634.GE4589-BKjuZOBx5Kn2N3qrpRCZGbhGAdq7xJNKhPhL2mjWHbk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-15 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

For now you need to include the note in the same metadata
field as the title.  (Or use an inline note.)

This can be fixed, I think, but it's going to take some
architectural changes in how YAML metadata is parsed in
the Markdown reader.  Submit a bug report?

+++ Denis José Navas Vega [Nov 14 16 00:52 ]:

@ 2016-11-19  7:54       ` Denis José Navas Vega
       [not found]         ` <6c8de3c7-2db4-42cb-9877-08e5cd3621ef-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis José Navas Vega @ 2016-11-19  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for your assistance. I will make more tests before reporting a bug.
The primary use I give to a footnote on author is to replicate the
functionality of the
\thanks command from LaTeX. Maybe this use can be achieved
with adjustment to the templates.

@ 2016-11-19 13:11           ` Thøger Emil Rivera-Thorsen
       [not found]             ` <03365854-8ec5-4dd1-8c1b-8574a3d2a935-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thøger Emil Rivera-Thorsen @ 2016-11-19 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I do something like:

$if(thanks)$\thanks{$thanks$}$endif$

in the templates; I use Pandoc to write papers using the AASTeX and similar
doumentclasses which have a bunch of non-standard commands and
environmemnts.
That works fin, ten I just write:

---
author: John Doe