* multi-line formatting with $
@ 2018-01-22  0:41 gid000765-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <0cc11c55-a18d-486a-9f7f-d01e68bce3b8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: gid000765-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-01-22  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

how would I go about formatting the following?

  $serviceName = 'name1'

  $userName = 'user1'

  $securePassword = '5ecr3tw0rd' | ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText
-Force

  $expirationDate = $(Get-Date).AddDays(31)

  $credential = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential
$userName,$securePassword

  Set-AzureServiceRemoteDesktopExtension -ServiceName $serviceName
-Credential $credential -Expiration $expirationDate -Slot Production

The corresponding content of a Word document includes the following (the
problematic part is in bold):

$userName = 'user1'

$securePassword = '5ecr3tw0rd' | ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText -Force

$expirationDate = $(Get-Date).AddDays(31)

$credential = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential
*userName.securePassword*

Set-AzureServiceRemoteDesktopExtension -ServiceName $serviceName
-Credential $credential -Expiration $expirationDate -Slot Production

Set-AzureServiceRemoteDesktopExtension -ServiceName $serviceName
-Credential $credential -Expiration $expirationDate -Slot Staging ```

* Re: multi-line formatting with $
       [not found] ` <0cc11c55-a18d-486a-9f7f-d01e68bce3b8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-22  0:59   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20180122005903.GB77076-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-22  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Probably the part between $'s is being interpreted as LaTeX
math.

You can disable this with

    pandoc -f markdown-tex_math_dollars

But a better approach would be to put all of this in a
fenced or indented code block; then you'll know that
everything will be interpreted literally.  It will also
come out in a font that marks it as code.

+++ gid000765-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [Jan 21 18 16:41 ]:

@ 2018-01-23  0:50       ` gid000765-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: gid000765-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-01-23  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss