Thank you for the reply, John, and for this awesome tool. Originally, I was not using the styles extension because the User Guide makes it seem like that extension is used when docx is input, not output. Regardless, I have tried now again with -t docx+styles as you suggest and am getting the same results. I have also tried adding the styles to my input: -f markdown+styles but get the same results. Side question, does it matter whether extensions are added to the -f or -t formats? On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 9:29:28 AM UTC-6, John MacFarlane wrote: > > > Did you specify the styles extension (-t docx+styles) > on the command line? > > Phil > writes: > > > On Pandoc 2.6, I am converting from markdown to docx. I am trying to > learn > > and use the custom styles for docx output and am getting some odd > behavior. > > I am using the examples text straight from the Pandoc User Guide. I have > > only substituted the name of my custom style that is defined in my > > reference.docx. > > > > Just placing the following in my markdown file results in no styled > text: > > [Get out]{custom-style="greyBackground"}, he said. > > > > But placing this in my markdown file results in styled text: > > ::: {custom-style="greyBackground"} > > | A Bird came down the Walk--- > > | He did not know I saw--- > > ::: > > > > And placing both of the following contiguously in my markdown file > results > > in neither having the styled text: > > [Get out]{custom-style="greyBackground"}, he said. > > > > ::: {custom-style="greyBackground"} > > | A Bird came down the Walk--- > > | He did not know I saw--- > > ::: > > > > Am I doing something wrong with the bracketed span style? Not sure what > it > > could be since I am copying nearly directly from the example in the user > > guide. Is this a bug, or is there some trick or consideration I am not > > getting? > > > > Thanks. > > Phil > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org . > > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > . > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b8fd20bf-bb08-46e5-a6d7-7decfd41e91a%40googlegroups.com. > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d8b5e3a4-671e-4468-b967-c71f92e39c72%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.