On 05/15/2023 02:54 AM, ThomasH wrote: > I suggest starting with the Getting Started document (https://pandoc.org/getting-started.html). As you still seem to be evaluating Pandoc as a tool, you might want to try it by running one of your typical markdown files through Pandoc (with `pandoc --from markdown --to html `) and look at the output. If that still looks promising, a good place for further study is the Pandoc User Guide (https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html). > > On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 3:18:49 AM UTC+2 H wrote: > > On May 14, 2023 4:04:35 PM EDT, ThomasH wrote: > >Creating document fragments is the default for HTML in Pandoc, you'd > >have > >to use the `--standalone` option to force it to create complete > >documents > >with header and footer. So that should meet your requirements. > > > >I don't know about indentation of the resulting HTML, much less so > >about > >your preferred indentation. But this is easy to find out and might be > >helped by post-processing if it doesn't meet your expectations? > > > >I also cannot comment on Geany, but most editors have a way of running > >an > >external command on the current buffer or selected text. > > > >On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 7:36:15 PM UTC+2 H wrote: > > > >I have a recurring need where I write markdown documents using my > >favorite > >editor, Geany, and then need to convert them to partial HTML documents. > > > >Partial because they lack the HTML file preamble and instead just start > > > >with
and end with the matching
. > > > >Each document contains one or more "sections", each also beginning with > >a > >
and ending with the matching
, and the conversion process > >should be handle the sections, regardless of number. > > > >I like the resulting (partial) HTML document to use my preferred > >indentation/white-space structure. > > > >Would pandoc be a good, perhaps the "best", tool for this? I should > >also > >add that I would like to run the conversion "process" from within > >Geany. > > That sounds very promising. My markdown files use H1-4 for structuring and then text in paragraphs with strong or emphasis added as needed. I want to use this information when adding the HTML tags, together with style information for each tag that is predefined. > > I hope that Pandoc when encountering eg H2 in the markdown document would add the HTML tag and the predefined style information and the indent as I want it. No empty lines in the entire document but clear readable output. > > Would you have a specific suggestion where in the Pandoc documentation I start reading? > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org . > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/256c5b57-18a8-4e45-94ee-0c1e2244f35en%40googlegroups.com . Thank you, I will begin as you suggest. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d8c58326-c9a4-9a5b-973c-dea044654bda%40meddatainc.com.