Dear community, The following latex markup renders as expected in in overleaf: Here is equation \ref{eq:test} \begin{equation} \label{eq:test} \begin{split} a & = b \\ & = c \end{split} \end{equation} Roughly looking like this in the complied pdf: Here is equation 9 a = b (9) = c When I try converting the .tex file to .docx using pandoc as shown below, three problems arise: 1. The equation is not referenced properly in the paragraph. It looks like this in the docx: Here is equation [eq:test] 2-3. The equation itself is not labelled with a number AND there is no newline in the equation. It looks like this in the docx: a = b = c This is the command I ran to perform the conversion: pandoc main.tex --filter /usr/local/bin/pandoc-crossref -C --csl ./springer-basic-brackets --bibliography=mybib.bib -N --wrap=preserve -o mydoc.docx pandoc 2.14.0.2 pandoc-crossref 0.3.12.0 Could someone kindly point me in the right direction to resolve this issue? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d9a2ff0a-7f05-4ee6-b5c4-cb650fcc66a5n%40googlegroups.com.