* pandoc for the "new" ACM formats
@ 2022-08-15 19:21 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <a4ddb14e-bdc2-f8e9-0e64-6a0b18d72b7d-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-08-15 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've not published anything with the ACM in a very long time, but am thinking of doing so and they have a specific LaTeX and Word format.

https://chi2023.acm.org/submission-guides/chi-publication-formats/

I'd hope this would mean I could easily go from my pandoc markdown to these formats, but the formats look highly customized -- both formats have lots of specific styles/commands.

Anyone have any suggestions? Do you already have a template or extension to get close to these formats?

—Joseph

* Re: pandoc for the "new" ACM formats
       [not found] ` <a4ddb14e-bdc2-f8e9-0e64-6a0b18d72b7d-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-08-15 22:17   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <2BBF01FA-E322-4179-8F90-69C766BE09D8-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-08-15 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'd most likely use quarto with the ACM extension for that. You could probably port the code over to pure pandoc, but I'm not sure if that would be worth the effort..
https://github.com/quarto-journals/acm

@ 2022-08-15 22:28       ` Martin Hepp
From: Martin Hepp @ 2022-08-15 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

FYI: It it relatively straightforward to use the rTicles templates with plain Pandoc, but the Quarto ones are a different kind of beast, because Quarto tries to modularize the Pandoc LaTeX template so that one can substitute certain functional blocks of a LaTeX template; the idea is to make custom templates less tightly coupled to the evolving Pandoc template.
Best wishes
Martin
martin hepp
http://www.heppnetz.de

@ 2022-08-23 13:21       ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-08-23 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am I right that Quarto (in general or acm-pdf specifically) require a bib file rather than a YAML?