* from markdown to markdown conversion does not generate references
@ 2014-06-30  9:27 maxigas
       [not found] ` <20140630.112739.1281545692629249259.maxigas-L8VBg9NU5dbk1uMJSBkQmQ@public.gmane.org>
From: maxigas @ 2014-06-30  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

hi,

i used to use pandoc to convert from markdown to markdown in order to render into the file the references from a bibliographic database (as allowed by the pandoc markdown extensions).  this no longer works with the latest release.  converting to different formats is working but not from markdown to markdown.  note that for instance footnotes are converted correctly.

example:

pandoc -f markdown -t markdown --csl=/home/user/chicago-author-date.csl --bibliography=/home/user/bibliograhpy.bib -o output.md input.md

=> does not render @foo entries to bibliography entries.

pandoc -f markdown -t rst --csl=/home/user/chicago-author-date.csl --bibliography=/home/user/bibliograhpy.bib -o output.rst input.md

=> works as expected.

i used the workaround of converting md to rst back to md but this is obviously not how it should work.

i am not sure how common is my use case.

i use the latest release of pandoc from the Debian testing package:

pandoc 1.12.4.2
Compiled with texmath 0.6.6.1, highlighting-kate 0.5.8.1.

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

People the switches!

* Re: from markdown to markdown conversion does not generate references
       [not found] ` <20140630.112739.1281545692629249259.maxigas-L8VBg9NU5dbk1uMJSBkQmQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-06-30 10:53   ` Joseph Reagle
       [not found]     ` <53B1418F.3000304-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2014-06-30 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 06/30/2014 05:27 AM, maxigas wrote:
> example:
>
> pandoc -f markdown -t markdown
> --csl=/home/user/chicago-author-date.csl
> --bibliography=/home/user/bibliograhpy.bib -o output.md input.md
>
> => does not render @foo entries to bibliography entries.

Last week John noted this (undocumented) option is now available:
`pandoc -t markdown-citations`.

@ 2014-06-30 20:47       ` maxi gas
From: maxi gas @ 2014-06-30 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw