* How to produce a PDF with pdflatex from a .tex generated with pandoc
@ 2019-10-09 11:27 Kopax Anderson
       [not found] ` <5ef5e9d2-dc11-40bf-9b74-10e8472c3a9c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Kopax Anderson @ 2019-10-09 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi, I am using pandoc 2.7.3

I have a .docx source file exported from Google Doc.

I want to generate a .PDF from a .TEX generated from the .DOCX

I'd like to be equal to the .PDF generated from the .DOCX

This is because I want to reduce the font-size at the middle of the
document.

So far, I am not able to have the same .PDF when running twice the pandoc
command:

1. to produce the .tex
2. to produce the .docx from .tex

is different than

1. .docx converted directly to .pdf

How can I ensure that the .pdf from the .tex is identical to the .pdf
produced directly from .docx?

* Re: How to produce a PDF with pdflatex from a .tex generated with pandoc
       [not found] ` <5ef5e9d2-dc11-40bf-9b74-10e8472c3a9c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-09 15:57   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-09 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kopax Anderson, pandoc-discuss

You shouldn't expect to get identical output.  See the
introduction to the user's manual:

"Because pandoc’s intermediate representation of a document is
less expressive than many of the formats it converts between, one
should not expect perfect conversions between every format and
every other. Pandoc attempts to preserve the structural elements
of a document, but not formatting details such as margin size.
And some document elements, such as complex tables, may not fit
into pandoc’s simple document model. While conversions from
pandoc’s Markdown to all formats aspire to be perfect,
conversions from formats more expressive than pandoc’s Markdown
can be expected to be lossy."

Font size falls into this category of formatting details.

@ 2019-10-10  3:06   ` brainchild
From: brainchild @ 2019-10-10  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss