Dear John, Thank you very much for making the time to reply. I quite understand if you think the extra complexity is not worthwhile. best regards, 'ö-Dzin On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 17:57:19 UTC+1 John MacFarlane wrote: > Not all footnotes can be inline -- inline footnotes can't contain > block-level formatting. > That's why we use reference notes in the writer. > > In principle it would be possible to add an option that uses inline notes > when possible > (not always), but I'd prefer not to: I don't think the additional > complexity is > worth it in this case. > > > On Oct 21, 2023, at 2:13 AM, tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org wrote: > > > > Pandoc can read both Markdown reference footnotes and inline footnotes, > but is only able to write reference footnotes when producing a Markdown > file. > > > > Is it possible to enable Pandoc to write inline footnotes in Markdown? > > > > Last year i received help in converting reference footnotes to inline > footnotes from Christophe Demko, who produced a combination of a Lua filter > and sed editor code which enabled me to convert reference footnotes to > inline. I'm very grateful to Christophe for this facility. > > > > (See > https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss/c/_5-8TRJhhqo/m/NDvoWc-XAQAJ) > > > > I would like to know whether it would be possible for Pandoc to directly > support the writing of inline footnotes. Could this be a future development? > > > > Many thanks, > > > > 'ö-Dzin > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/280d8b25-dbf8-4fab-b096-e5d6dc5342fcn%40googlegroups.com > . > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/de2f164c-1ab0-49ed-b0f5-f08aceb209b5n%40googlegroups.com.