Dear John & people in logo discussion, [image: pandoc 1 - pandoc 2020-06-22 12-13-01.png] Nice to e-meet you, I am Dongbin Han. Graphic–designer in Arnhem. I’ve interested in using pandoc in recent days. getting more into the title. 'Πd' it is cool as well that the pandoc’s meaning with greek ‘all documentation’. Anyhow, I write to share you a font I drew for pandoc. * It's based on SIL license, so you are free to use it. you kno same pronunciation of 'pandoc' in Hangul is '판독 判讀' meaning 'Read / Decode'. hope y'all have safe and great days, D 2020년 3월 10일 화요일 오전 1시 51분 33초 UTC+9, John MacFarlane 님의 말: > > > Thanks for this! Personally I would prefer to keep the ability > to think of the logo as a Greek capital Pi plus a D -- the > reverse Pilcrow in certain fonts can be seen that way -- as > that represents Pan (Greek ∏αν = all) + Doc: ∏D > The font you have used has a serif on the bottom that > prevents reading it this way. > > My other reaction is that, although the rounded blue background > makes it look very professional, it also gives it a "corporate" > feel that may be out of keeping with the scruffy open source > vibe of pandoc. > > Vineet Kapil > writes: > > > [image: pandocl.png] > > Warm greetings, > > > > I read about the requirement of logo for the service on > opensourcedesign, I > > also went through the group and agree with the statement that it doesn't > > need a logo but yes for pr and future services... As for brand identity > I > > felt the reverse pilcrow idea is really nice but the generic pilcrow > seemed > > to bland and other logos on the group seemed bit complicated on eyes. I > > tried to make one by subtly modifying the pilcrow from an open source > > typeface called 'Caladea'. What do you think? > > > > Regards > > Vineet > > Student > > Department of Design, Delhi Technological University > > > > > >> Let's discuss to make Pandoc logo. > >> > >> The logo strongly represent the existence of Pandoc and briefly show > what > >> it is. > >> This will be useful when we make a presentation. > >> To expand Pandoc to the world, the logo will be important. > >> > >> We need to discuss about: > >> > >> - What is the concept of logo design? > >> - Who can design the logo or how can we recruit designers? > >> > >> or additional questions will be appeared. > >> > >> -- > >> Yuki FUJIWARA > >> sky....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org > >> > >> > >> > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org . > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7bda92b9-79ab-4d90-bee6-bf4a459b5c86%40googlegroups.com. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/dedcd25f-28aa-4b44-b362-f4111bfb751fo%40googlegroups.com.