I have been experimenting with including maths in ebooks (ultimately because I would like to be able to publish my research as ebooks instead of PDF which I think is suboptimal for tablets etc.) One approach that sort of works for me is converting from Markdown with LaTeX maths to ePub where I can make Pandoc turn the maths into MathML. My problem is just that the MathML looks quite horrible in comparison to what LaTeX can usually produce in PDF etc. A fall-back solution for me could be to render the maths bitmapped and then include the images in the document. However, I recently figured out that ePub seems to support SVG as well and it is actually possible to turn LaTeX into SVG output (see e.g. http://dvisvg.sourceforge.net/ and http://svgkit.sourceforge.net/SVGLaTeX.html). So far I have succeeded in doing this quite manually, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make Pandoc able to automate this conversion of math formulae into SVG with subsequent inclusion of the SVG into the ePub? I have no experience in hacking Pandoc. Best regards, Thomas Arildsen -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/dfcf2e4b-b377-4d48-be9f-de82088e7832%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.