* chapter wise bibliography in docx
@ 2018-01-04  9:12 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <2190ca6a-6085-4a46-a5aa-48e2b6cf3d10-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss @ 2018-01-04  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a latex file with a bibliography after each chapter. I want to
convert this into a docx file but all references go into one bibliography
at the end of the document. Is there any chance to generate multiple
bibliography sections in docx?

I use pandoc 2.0.6 and the pandoc cmd I use is:

pandoc -s word_bibtex.tex -o pandoc.docx --metadata
bibliography=references.bib --filter pandoc-citeproc --metadata
link-citations --csl ieee.csl

In latex I use biblatex like described here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/333617/how-to-use-chapterbib-package-syntax
but I'm not bound to this. If any other solution (multibib, chapterbib,...)
works with pandoc I can switch.

Thanks and Regards
Stefan

* Re: chapter wise bibliography in docx
       [not found] ` <2190ca6a-6085-4a46-a5aa-48e2b6cf3d10-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-04 13:13   ` James Austin
       [not found]     ` <ff8d25cf-7045-6b08-ce12-7905d1a9ee0c-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: James Austin @ 2018-01-04 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss

Hi Stefan

Have you tried enclosing your references in a \refsection environment?

This link may shed more light: http://www.tex.ac.uk/FAQ-chapbib.html

Take care

James

@ 2018-01-04 14:39       ` 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss @ 2018-01-04 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi James,
yes, this is the way I did it

my latex document consists of several sections like this one:

\begin{refsection}
\subsection{bla bla bla}
\include{chaptername} %<- inside this tex file are all the cite commands
\printbibliography
\end{refsection}

Regards

Stefan

@ 2018-01-04 16:23   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss

Pandoc-citeproc doesn't support multiple bibliographies,
sorry.

You could probably work around this by processing the
parts separately. E.g. suppose your chapters are
chap1.tex, chapt2.tex, etc.

    for x in 1 2 3 4; do \
      pandoc chap$x.tex -F pandoc-citeproc \
      --bibliography references.bib -M link-citations \
      --csl ieee.csl -t markdown-citations -o chap$x.md ; \
    done

This gives you chap1.md, chap2.md, etc., with the
bibliographies in Markdown format at the end of each
chapter.  Then stitch these together:

    pandoc chap*.md -o book.docx

+++ 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss [Jan 04 18 01:12 ]:

@ 2018-01-04 20:17   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87fu7lcrak.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-01-04 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

As usual, I'd like to propose a lua-filter solution – I don't really
suggest using it though, as it's far too hacky in its current state.

The filter splits the document in multiple sub-documents, runs
pandoc-citeproc on each of these, and then combines them back into a big
document.  It's not fully tests, doesn't work with metadata specified on
the command line (use YAML values instead), and is generally not useful
other than demonstrating the feasibility of using Lua filters for this.

@ 2018-01-04 20:19       ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]         ` <877esxcr7o.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-01-04 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Forgot to add the link:

https://gist.github.com/tarleb/febcc78e5c7f6384299297232ab7dfe2

@ 2018-01-09  7:23           ` 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]             ` <5ce48365-f66a-4caa-bbf0-cb8e825e01c7-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Stefan Stiene' via pandoc-discuss @ 2018-01-09  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear John and Albert,
thanks for your solutions!

I will go for Johns solution as I'm pandoc newbie and a little bit afraid
that lua filters will raise 5 additional questions ;-)

Thanks
Stefan

@ 2018-01-09  8:47               ` albert.krewinkel-stqabkCVF6SGlKaCpJGLJw
From: albert.krewinkel-stqabkCVF6SGlKaCpJGLJw @ 2018-01-09  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

If you want to give Lua filters a try after all, have a look at jkr's
section-ref filter:
https://github.com/jkr/lua-filters/tree/master/filters/section-refs

It has more features and is much cleaner than what I posted.

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 8:23:50 AM UTC+1, Stefan Stiene wrote:

> Dear John and Albert,
> thanks for your solutions!
>
> I will go for Johns solution as I'm pandoc newbie and a little bit afraid
> that lua filters will raise 5 additional questions ;-)
>
> Thanks
> Stefan
>
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Januar 2018 21:21:09 UTC+1 schrieb Albert Krewinkel:
>>
>> Forgot to add the link:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/tarleb/febcc78e5c7f6384299297232ab7dfe2
>>
>> > As usual, I'd like to propose a lua-filter solution – I don't really
>> > suggest using it though, as it's far too hacky in its current state.
>> >
>> > The filter splits the document in multiple sub-documents, runs
>> > pandoc-citeproc on each of these, and then combines them back into a
>> big
>> > document.  It's not fully tests, doesn't work with metadata specified
>> on
>> > the command line (use YAML values instead), and is generally not useful
>> > other than demonstrating the feasibility of using Lua filters for this.
>>
>> --
>> Albert Krewinkel
>> GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe  e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124

* Re: chapter wise bibliography in docx
       [not found] ` <2190ca6a-6085-4a46-a5aa-48e2b6cf3d10-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-03-15 17:37   ` David Denton