From: Vin Cent <irakay17-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: epub : footnote backlink character not rendered by Kobo fonts
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:08:48 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Thanks. Shell script written ; works like a charm.
If that counts, I vote for the #3149 change/configure character approach :)

If that can ease anybody's life, here is my shell script (more than 3
lines, but should be safe and leave no trace in case of failure) :

#!/bin/sh

FN="ebook.epub"
ZIPNAME="ebook.zip"
CWD=`pwd`

if [ ! -f $FN ]; then
  exit 1
fi

if [ ! -d $MYDIR ]; then
  exit 2
fi

MYDIR=`mktemp -d`
cleanup()
{
  cd $CWD
  rm -rf $MYDIR
  exit $1
}

mv $FN ${MYDIR}/${ZIPNAME} || cleanup 3
cd $MYDIR || cleanup 4
unzip $ZIPNAME || cleanup 5
rm -f $ZIPNAME || cleanup 6
cd EPUB/text || cleanup 7
sed -i -e 's/>↩︎<\/a>/>‡<\/a>/g' *html || cleanup 8
rm -f $ZIPNAME || cleanup 9
cd ../.. || cleanup 10
zip -8 -r ${CWD}/${ZIPNAME} * || cleanup 11
cd $CWD || cleanup 12
mv $ZIPNAME $FN || cleanup 13
rm -rf $MYDIR