* Docx / OpenDocument output based on template
@ 2021-04-13  3:56 Matt Jolly
       [not found] ` <55062ea0-a237-4835-860b-e4ca5290e5cdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matt Jolly @ 2021-04-13  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi All,

I've been working on implementing a 'word processor' compatible output from
the Markdown source that I'm using to build my existing LaTeX/PDF documents.

At this stage I've managed to implement styles, margins, header and footer,
etc by using a docx reference-doc, however I also need to implement some
branding (etc) to create a Title Page and some additional (templated)
content / pages prior to the document body (or ToC) preferably with the
ability to pull from document metadata.

Based on a look at the various writers and pandoc templates available it
doesn't seem like this is easily possible using docx in the same way as say
LaTeX, however there is a default.opendocument template; If my
understanding is corrrect this works in conjunction with a .odt
`--reference-doc` to produce output. Am I on the right track here, or does
odt output behave similarly to docx, only using the reference doc to inform
the output?

What would be the best way to implement something like this? Am I best off
attempting to use docx and implementing a filter to get my additional
content injected before the body, or is modifying the opendocument template
likely to be a better option?

Thanks for the advice!

* Re: Docx / OpenDocument output based on template
       [not found] ` <55062ea0-a237-4835-860b-e4ca5290e5cdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-19  7:06   ` krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-04-19  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss