* reveal.js: duplicate attribute on section and nested h2 cause problem
@ 2021-06-04 20:07 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <e287b684-a708-da7a-21b9-7940a25fcb16-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-06-04 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

In this [slide][1] you can see that "big text" is pushed off the right side. The [problem][2] is the 'r-fit-text' class attribute on the section element and its child h2. If I remove it from section, the big text works fine -- but not vice versa.

I'm not sure if this is a pandoc or revealjs issue. I just upgraded to revealjs 4.1.1, and I've followed newer  pandocs (now 2.14.0.1) since I last ran these tests.

[1]: https://reagle.org/joseph/talks/2014/exemplar.html#/big-text
[2]: https://pandoc.org/try/?text=%23%23+big+text+%7B.r-fit-text%7D%0A&from=markdown&to=revealjs&standalone=0

* Re: reveal.js: duplicate attribute on section and nested h2 cause problem
       [not found] ` <e287b684-a708-da7a-21b9-7940a25fcb16-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-15 18:35   ` Joseph Reagle
       [not found]     ` <9d1e996d-0cd0-08e0-5428-e2767995a820-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-06-15 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Anyone have experience with this. Is an attribute on a heading *supposed* to be applied twice on the resulting section *and* heading?

@ 2021-06-15 19:33       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2sg1i2a9l.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-06-15 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reagle, pandoc-discuss

See
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5965
which I'd sort of forgotten about.

"Let's try this for now, where the attributes are the same on headings and divs.
It seems fairly harmless."

@ 2021-06-16 12:05           ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-06-16 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks, I updated #5965.

I could forsee harm for things that use relative positioning (e.g., move 5 pixels to the left); having it repeated is going to cause problems. I suspect something like this is causing problem with revealjs `r-fit-text`, but I don't understand how it works.

``` js
	/**
	 * Applies JS-dependent layout helpers for the given slide,
	 * if there are any.
	 */
	layout( slide ) {

		// Autosize text with the r-fit-text class based on the
		// size of its container. This needs to happen after the
		// slide is visible in order to measure the text.
		Array.from( slide.querySelectorAll( '.r-fit-text' ) ).forEach( element => {
			fitty( element, {
				minSize: 24,
				maxSize: this.Reveal.getConfig().height * 0.8,
				observeMutations: false,
				observeWindow: false
			} );
		} );