* When converting markdown tables to docx with pandoc is there way to put a border on the table in the docx file?
@ 2021-05-22  1:02 Michael Becker
       [not found] ` <63c828cd-eaee-4d02-89e5-a5b54d98434dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-05-22  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm successfully converting markdown to docx, including table conversion.

I would like converted tables to have a border and single space line
formatting.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

* Re: When converting markdown tables to docx with pandoc is there way to put a border on the table in the docx file?
       [not found] ` <63c828cd-eaee-4d02-89e5-a5b54d98434dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-22  1:05   ` Michael Becker
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-05-22  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

BTW,  her is an example of one of my tables.

| Experience |1|2|3|4|5|6|7|

|---------------|-----|-----|-----|-----|

|No impact, ever | | | |||||

|Emotional axiety| | | |||||

|Loss of Time| | | |||||

|Loss of Money| | | |||||

|Loss of reputation| | | |||||

|Identity stolen| | | |||||

Other (please explain)

it works great. I want it to have a black border in the docx?  Any help
will be most appreciated.

@ 2021-05-22 17:42   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <a4e36fa9-2d77-dedd-f4ad-a4eacfc0b2e9-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2021-05-22 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 5/21/21 9:02 PM, Michael Becker wrote:
> I'm successfully converting markdown to docx, including table conversion.
>
> I would like converted tables to have a border and single space line
> formatting.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

You need to have a custom docx template which has the styling on the
default table.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2021-05-22 21:19       ` Michael Becker
       [not found]         ` <cafda3f1-6d1f-468c-9cfc-3148da16a381n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-05-22 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks, Daniel, I have this and it is working perfectly for font and
heading styles.  I'm not sure how to set up this up for template styles in
the docx file. I tried to put a table in with borders, but this did not
work. Any ideas?

@ 2021-05-23 21:17           ` Michael Becker
       [not found]             ` <9d76aaf5-c7cb-4930-b0e0-c648e356a32fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-05-23 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey there, I have an update.  Daniel was right, I could modify the Table
style in word (took a while to figure out how to do this `1. click on the
table, 2. click on table design, 3. modify the design. NOTE: Pandoc only
works with the "Table" style in Word.

I successfully was able to get the border to show, as well as the table
margins and table indent, set.  Which is all great.

Have one/two more issues to tackle. As I'm using APA style guidelines I
have a first paragraph indent set for normal text. This indent is being
applied to the text in my tables. This means my text looks terrible. Also,
the tables are not auto-sizing to content.  My workaround is to manually
apply a "table paragraph" style to all my tables after the pandoc
conversion. Is anyone aware of a way to set the table paragraph and size in
the reference docx?  From what I've read thus far, this does not appear
possible. I'd love to be proven wrong.

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:19:36 PM UTC-7 Michael Becker wrote:

> Thanks, Daniel, I have this and it is working perfectly for font and
> heading styles.  I'm not sure how to set up this up for template styles in
> the docx file. I tried to put a table in with borders, but this did not
> work. Any ideas?
> On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 10:42:53 AM UTC-7 DSt...-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> On 5/21/21 9:02 PM, Michael Becker wrote:
>> > I'm successfully converting markdown to docx, including table
>> conversion.
>> >
>> > I would like converted tables to have a border and single space line
>> > formatting.  Is there any way to accomplish this?
>>
>> You need to have a custom docx template which has the styling on the
>> default table.
>>
>> Daniel T. Staal
>>
>> --
>> This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
>> are expressly allowed to retransmit, quote, or otherwise use
>> the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
>> expire 5 years after the author's death, or in 30 years,
>> whichever is longer, unless such a period is in excess of
>> local copyright law.

[-- Attachment #2: 2021-05-23_14-11-52.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 92356 bytes --]

@ 2021-05-24 18:35               ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                 ` <m2v978nfoc.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-24 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Becker, pandoc-discuss

Is "Table Paragraph" a standard word style that is meant for
paragraphs inside tables?

If so, then it seems to me we should change pandoc so this is
used automatically.

@ 2021-05-27 14:44                   ` Michael Becker
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-05-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss