I have a markdown file where the footnote numbers restart for every chapter giving me non-unique footnote numbers and therefore warnings when processing MD->EPUB I would like to know whether anyone has a simple method of renumbering the footnotes so that they are unique. I'm using Ubuntu, and what I've done so far is to use 'csplit' to break the file into chapters, then 'sed' to find and prefix each footnote and 'cat' to append the whole thing back together again. Does anyone know of a simpler method for renumbering non-unique footnote numbers? Many thanks for any help. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e2f77b9d-ca57-47eb-9b29-111501019059n%40googlegroups.com.