* Dealing with non-unique footnote numbers in markdown
@ 2021-06-11  3:53 ` tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]   ` <b8137dc5720443958f905128953acc55@unibe.ch>
From: tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-06-11  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a markdown file where the footnote numbers restart for every chapter
giving me non-unique footnote numbers and therefore warnings when
processing MD->EPUB

I would like to know whether anyone has a simple method of renumbering the
footnotes so that they are unique.

I'm using Ubuntu, and what I've done so far is to use 'csplit' to break the
file into chapters, then 'sed' to find and prefix each footnote and 'cat'
to append the whole thing back together again.

Does anyone know of a simpler method for renumbering non-unique footnote
numbers?

Many thanks for any help.

* AW: Dealing with non-unique footnote numbers in markdown
       [not found]       ` <57737b2565d348a0b319e7c186c9e2dd-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-11 11:19         ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]           ` <ca1ea08b7c2b426d988c7588691140f7-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-06-11 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If you split the file into distinct files per chapter you can also invoke pandoc with the –file-scope switch, see https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--file-scope. (So, no need for sed and cat).
Best,
Denis

I have a markdown file where the footnote numbers restart for every chapter giving me non-unique footnote numbers and therefore warnings when processing MD->EPUB

I would like to know whether anyone has a simple method of renumbering the footnotes so that they are unique.

I'm using Ubuntu, and what I've done so far is to use 'csplit' to break the file into chapters, then 'sed' to find and prefix each footnote and 'cat' to append the whole thing back together again.

Does anyone know of a simpler method for renumbering non-unique footnote numbers?

Many thanks for any help.

* Re: Dealing with non-unique footnote numbers in markdown
       [not found]           ` <ca1ea08b7c2b426d988c7588691140f7-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-07-29 14:16             ` tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-07-29 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss