* Context template: definefontfeature causes error
@ 2017-08-07  2:55 David Nebauer
       [not found] ` <60cb5b4b-6529-4eff-9403-df62472529a6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: David Nebauer @ 2017-08-07  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

When creating pdf output using context, pandoc fails with the error message:
tex error on line 15 in file /tmp/tex2pdf.2478/input.tex: ! Missing number,
treated as zero

On creating context output line 15 turns out to be:
\definefontfeature[default][default][script=latn, protrusion=quality, expansion=quality,
itlc=yes, textitalics=yes, onum=yes, pnum=yes]

On processing the context output directly I get the following expanded
error message for line 15:

Dimensions can be in units of em, ex, in, pt, pc,
cm, mm, dd, cc, nd, nc, bp, or sp; but yours is a new one!
I'll assume that you meant to say pt, for printer's points.
To recover gracefully from this error, it's best to
delete the erroneous units; e.g., type `2' to delete
two letters. (See Chapter 27 of The TeXbook.)

tex error       > tex error on line 15 in file FILEPATH.tex: ! Illegal unit
of measure (pt inserted)

In case it helps, here is the context output up to and including line 15:

% Enable hyperlinks
\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
  title={Minimal Working Example},
  style=,
  color=blue,
  contrastcolor=]
% make chapter, section bookmarks visible when opening document
\placebookmarks[chapter, section, subsection, subsubsection,
subsubsubsection, subsubsubsubsection][chapter, section]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\setuptagging[state=start]

\setuppapersize[a4]
% use microtypography
\definefontfeature[default][default][script=latn, protrusion=quality,
expansion=quality, itlc=yes, textitalics=yes, onum=yes, pnum=yes]

Pandoc version is 1.17.2 on debian/testing.

* Re: Context template: definefontfeature causes error
       [not found] ` <60cb5b4b-6529-4eff-9403-df62472529a6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-08-07  5:00   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20170807050041.GB81152-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-08-07  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Can you give exact instructions (including any inputs) for
recreating the problem, so we can test?

Note: you might try setting papersize to 'A4' (capital
letter A), instead of 'a4'.  I doubt that's the issue
here, but it is one thing we've fixed recently (pandoc
dev version will automatically capitalize 'a4' for
ConTeXt output).

+++ David Nebauer [Aug 06 17 19:55 ]:

@ 2017-08-07  7:00       ` David Nebauer
From: David Nebauer @ 2017-08-07  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)