* New look for website
@ 2021-12-06 20:32 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-06 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
a top menu; and we now have  a persistent table of contents
on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
like the User's Guide.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07  6:30   ` 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]     ` <1a2f94f7-2610-9582-6fd7-2c61ab9ba04c-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2021-12-07  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

On 06.12.21 21:32, John MacFarlane wrote:
> I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
> The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
> a top menu; and we now have  a persistent table of contents
> on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
> like the User's Guide.

Nice. Can you make the image on the right side of the startpage
clickable so that users get a bigger image to see all the formats. As
such it is too small to read something.

juh

* Re: New look for website
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07 11:25   ` jcr
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: jcr @ 2021-12-07 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I appreciate this especially for the Lua filters page, which didn't see to
have any table of contents before.
On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 1:27:50 AM UTC+1 John MacFarlane wrote:

> I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
> The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
> a top menu; and we now have a persistent table of contents
> on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
> like the User's Guide.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]     ` <1a2f94f7-2610-9582-6fd7-2c61ab9ba04c-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07 16:21       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-07 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss,
	pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

<pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Nice. Can you make the image on the right side of the startpage
> clickable so that users get a bigger image to see all the formats. As
> such it is too small to read something.

Good suggestion, I'll do that.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07 17:35   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhAfmoK7cssTiB7rLGe7maBoaEsPfLYX-uo5wr1A8w2TYQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-12-07 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The ToC doesn't appear on mobile. Is that intentional? The ToC which used
to be visible on the Lua filters page has disappeared in mobile Google
Chrome.

Den tis 7 dec. 2021 01:28John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
> The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
> a top menu; and we now have  a persistent table of contents
> on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
> like the User's Guide.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/yh480klf0x4gql.fsf%40johnmacfarlane.net
> .

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhAfmoK7cssTiB7rLGe7maBoaEsPfLYX-uo5wr1A8w2TYQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07 18:18       ` Gregory Weber
       [not found]         ` <4574d519-4e12-4004-a50e-faf205e89df4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gregory Weber @ 2021-12-07 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The ToC appears, but it is compressed to three horizonal bars.  That
tripped me up too -- I was looking for the manual but did not see the menu
and thought the manual was missing.  That happens also on desktop when the
window is not very wide.

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:35:16 PM UTC-5 BPJ wrote:

> The ToC doesn't appear on mobile. Is that intentional? The ToC which used
> to be visible on the Lua filters page has disappeared in mobile Google
> Chrome.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]         ` <4574d519-4e12-4004-a50e-faf205e89df4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-07 19:11           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m24k7kfcx8.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-07 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory Weber, pandoc-discuss

To clarify: the site navigation is compressed to horizontal bars.
The TOC appears to the right, unless the window is too narrow,
in which case it will appear at the end of the content.

Gregory Weber <spottedmetal-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> The ToC appears, but it is compressed to three horizonal bars.  That
> tripped me up too -- I was looking for the manual but did not see the menu
> and thought the manual was missing.  That happens also on desktop when the
> window is not very wide.
>
> On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:35:16 PM UTC-5 BPJ wrote:
>
>> The ToC doesn't appear on mobile. Is that intentional? The ToC which used
>> to be visible on the Lua filters page has disappeared in mobile Google
>> Chrome.

> --

* Re: New look for website
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-07 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory Weber, pandoc-discuss

I think the TOC should appear on most phones in landscape
mode, but not in portrait mode.

John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> writes:

> To clarify: the site navigation is compressed to horizontal bars.
> The TOC appears to the right, unless the window is too narrow,
> in which case it will appear at the end of the content.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-12-08 16:54   ` Pranesh Prakash
       [not found]     ` <993372b0-0ffb-48fd-8b95-90c52d98b46bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Pranesh Prakash @ 2021-12-08 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear John,
Under the heading "Custom Formats" on the landing page, you might consider
adding some of the custom lua readers and writers that already exist,
instead of just the description and the link to lua.org.

Cheers,
Pranesh

On Tuesday, 7 December, 2021 at 5:57:50 am UTC+5:30 John MacFarlane wrote:

> I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
> The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
> a top menu; and we now have a persistent table of contents
> on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
> like the User's Guide.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]     ` <993372b0-0ffb-48fd-8b95-90c52d98b46bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-08 19:09       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-08 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pranesh Prakash, pandoc-discuss

Good, I'll do that.

Pranesh Prakash <the.solipsist-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Dear John,
> Under the heading "Custom Formats" on the landing page, you might consider
> adding some of the custom lua readers and writers that already exist,
> instead of just the description and the link to lua.org.
>
> Cheers,
> Pranesh
>
> On Tuesday, 7 December, 2021 at 5:57:50 am UTC+5:30 John MacFarlane wrote:
>

>> I've updated the design for the website (https://pandoc.org).
>> The main change is that instead of a left nav menu, we have
>> a top menu; and we now have a persistent table of contents
>> on the right-hand side, to help browsing through long documents
>> like the User's Guide.
>>

> --

* Re: New look for website
       [not found] ` <yh480klf0x4gql.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-12-09 20:40   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2y24tbjgi.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-12-09 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have now added a 'search' function as well.

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]     ` <m2y24tbjgi.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-09 20:55       ` andreas....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]         ` <d4c204f2-500b-429d-a06e-4cedbdde53b5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: andreas....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-12-09 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I always wanted a template that produced such a nice layout. Is it
available for `pandoc -t html`?

* Re: New look for website
       [not found]         ` <d4c204f2-500b-429d-a06e-4cedbdde53b5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-09 21:00           ` andreas....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org