* Use Pandoc to create a "one-page" PDF
@ 2021-04-27 18:20 Michael Becker
       [not found] ` <b59ca441-24ac-48bf-920e-8917ce2e671dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-04-27 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is it possible to use pandoc to create a one-page/single-page pdf, i.e. a
PDF without pagination/line breaks? Is there a flag that can be added to
the pandoc command line used to trigger pandoc to format a PDF in this way?

* Re: Use Pandoc to create a "one-page" PDF
       [not found] ` <b59ca441-24ac-48bf-920e-8917ce2e671dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-27 18:58   ` Leonard Rosenthol
       [not found]     ` <CALu=v3KR6yqvpGbzaJVwHoujE-Phv614qfT6JhCU0S3ENrD9Cg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Leonard Rosenthol @ 2021-04-27 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

How long are you expecting this PDF page to be?  There is a limit (either
200 inches or 600 miles, depending on what version of PDF you are
targeting).

Leonard

@ 2021-04-27 19:11       ` Michael Becker
       [not found]         ` <c5be03f8-afe0-45ca-9bfa-932a62f99801n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-04-27 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

As little as 10~16 inches to as much as 425 inches, e.g. 2 to 50  8 1/2 x
11 pages. Once I know the constraints I can work within them.

@ 2021-04-30  7:20       ` mb21
From: mb21 @ 2021-04-30  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I suppose you need to specify the paper format somehow,
see https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#creating-a-pdf for starting points.

@ 2021-04-30 18:37           ` Leonard Rosenthol
       [not found]             ` <CALu=v3LjuOimGVNqAWhZdJQ=ddPcsHFK6RuMHPe336gJnwf4Cw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Leonard Rosenthol @ 2021-04-30 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

As mentioned, given the current tooling used by Pandoc, you can't go
beyond 200 inches in length.

I believe that when doing HTML->PDF conversions, you can specify the page
size as input properties.

Leonard

@ 2021-04-30 19:07               ` Michael Becker
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-04-30 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)