Hi guys, I'm one of early member in this thread. Thanks for renaissance of this discussion, Albert and Kolen :) I have watched ideas here in these days. +1 for Insane's logos. It seems to be rough, but simple and easy to use as logos. - pandoc2_2o.svg is more useful and simple. - pandoc_o.svg is literally readable for beginners but more complicated. In addition, jgm's idea is also my favorite because it's sophisticated and philosophical. (Of course, I know that he is a literal Philosophiae Doctor!) 2016年12月8日木曜日 19時56分18秒 UTC+9 Kolen Cheung: > > Sorry, I unintentionally created a new thread on a similar topic: pandoc > logo - Google Groups > . Any > further discussion should goes here. > > Over there I draft a design of pandoc logo by playing on the symmetry > between P and d. One expression of that idea is an axe looks like P and > the same thing rotated looks like d. The reason an axe is used is because > this kind of echo pandoc being like a Swiss army knife, where an axe is > like that on steroid. A proper design of that axe should resemble the > letter P and d better. > > Another way the pd trick would work is to partially overlap the circle > while using negative space. > > If anyone think that’s a good idea, I could create a better draft of the > idea. > > As to where the logo is needed: > > - packaged installers > - website logo (so called favicon) > - anywhere pandoc is mentioned > - a pandoc-extras website that I might be setting up > > One consideration on designing the logo might follow the \LaTeX example > which is text only, because pandoc is primarily for processing texts. To > push this idea further, we might even be constructing this logo by math so > that together with a macro, using something like \pandoc in markdown will > output a proper pandoc “logo” in any output formats. > > Another point is to make sure the logo looks great both when it is very > tiny (16x16??) and very big. > ​ > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e60067c1-ced0-458c-b1e8-428173eefc22%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.