* Labels for numbered examples in AST
@ 2020-05-13  8:31 Gunnar Lund
       [not found] ` <e69452e9-cc26-4ef9-b0c7-774d3ddaa8b1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gunnar Lund @ 2020-05-13  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

Are there any plans to make the label in numbered examples (e.g., the label
in "(@label)") accessible somehow in the AST?

I ask this because I've written a lua filter for linguistic examples (as
described in https://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/pdf/Glossing-Rules.pdf) which
converts a specific markdown syntax based on numbered examples to a syntax
used in gb4e (https://ctan.org/pkg/gb4e?lang=en), a popular latex package
for linguists, when converting to pdf. The markdown syntax looks like
(setting aside some glossing specific syntax): (@) <#label> example text

The lua filter and syntax for markdown work fine, but ideally this filter
could be written with the usual (@label) syntax. This would require that
the "label" there would be retrievable in the AST. Unfortunately, the label
string looks like it gets lost at the reader step.

My apologies if this has been brought up before, I searched this and github
but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Gunnar

* Re: Labels for numbered examples in AST
       [not found] ` <e69452e9-cc26-4ef9-b0c7-774d3ddaa8b1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-05-13 20:54   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-05-13 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Lund, pandoc-discuss

There's not currently a good way to do this, sorry.