* Latex source . \begin{enumerate} nested in \blockquote generates an error.
@ 2021-09-06  5:26 Vin Cent
From: Vin Cent @ 2021-09-06  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have had quite some pain isolating this problem, because pandoc (v
2.14.2) provides a quite obscure error. I had to run a number of
dichotomies into my source.

Here is the isolated problem. This latex code does is not accepted by
pandoc :
\begin{document}
\blockquote{Foo
    \begin{enumerate}
    \item First
    \item Second
    \end{enumerate}
}
\end{document}

Moreover, if this code is isolated into a \input{} file, the error raised
by pandoc does not allow to find it easily. The error does not point to the
\blockquote or even to the included document containing it. The error
points to \begin{document} in the .tex "main" document.

Error at "epub.tex" (line 92, column 17):
unexpected ()
\begin{document}

I would consider this a (double?) bug, since my code is absolutely well
compiled with pdflatex, for instance. Or maybe this is too naive an
analysis (pandoc newb here).
I'd be happy to know about a workaround, too.

Cheers,

Vincent