* citeproc overlay specification for beamer
@ 2022-01-27 11:19 Paul Gesting
       [not found] ` <6a329857-452b-4a61-97ad-216c30dc40fcn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul Gesting @ 2022-01-27 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

This is in reference to my question on tex.SE here
<https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/631665/overlay-specification-in-beamer-with-a-pause>
.

When converting from markdown to beamer, the citeproc adds the
specification overlay of <.-> to the foonote command when using footnote
citations.

If I use the `. . .` in markdown to insert a pause, this footnote will now
come one slide early. This is because the "." in the <.-> takes the
thebeamerpauses and subtracts one.

See section 9.6.2 of the beamer manual, as well as this helpful article
<https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb35-1/tb109wright.pdf>.

I know that if I use the ::: incremental div block, that it converts to
beamer in a way that this specification overlay will work (because this
uses the <+-> overlay, which increments beamerpausus *after* the command)

However, the problem with the ::: incremental div block is that it ignores
sections. So if I put a section header inside my frame in the incremental
div block, it still shows up on the first slide. If I use the pause
command, the header will not sure up until after the pause, which is what I
want.

Seems like there are two different things that pandoc does, and the
footcite only works for one of them. Maybe would be helpful to be able to
somehow send an overlay offset to the citation command or something?