* Setting custom variables in command line for Markdown -> DOCX conversion
@ 2019-01-24 12:58 Dmitriy Vinokurov
       [not found] ` <1066fd0c-ca5f-4650-bc64-17ca4aaec04c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dmitriy Vinokurov @ 2019-01-24 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi!

I need to use custom variables for my DOCX file content created from
Markdown file.

Tried to insert DOC_NAME variable in "--reference-doc" template file both
using LibreOffice and MS Office in document header. Then I redefine this
variable according to pandoc man page and convert Markdown to DOCX using
this command line:

$ pandoc -s -V DOC_NAME=DOCUMENT1 --columns 10
--reference-doc=template.docx -s -f markdown -t docx main.md -o main.docx

But when I open main.docx I see variable values that was set in office
document editor in template.docx header, not what was set in command line.
E.g. I set variable DOC_NAME=doc1 in office and see it in resulting file,
not the "DOCUMENT1" value that was set in command line.

Could anybody help me with setting custom variables?

* Re: Setting custom variables in command line for Markdown -> DOCX conversion
       [not found] ` <1066fd0c-ca5f-4650-bc64-17ca4aaec04c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-25  0:11   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kef9138at.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-25  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitriy Vinokurov, pandoc-discuss

Variables in pandoc just affect template resolution,
and docx doesn't use templates.

Reference.docx is a different concept.

See however #5215, which might offer a path forward in
the future.

@ 2019-01-25  5:11       ` Dmitriy Vinokurov
       [not found]         ` <faac06f7-39ce-414b-a6c5-71d133da0ae2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dmitriy Vinokurov @ 2019-01-25  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for answer. I've read comments from issue that you've referenced.

> Implement basic support for converting pandoc properties into core and
custom docx properties

I don't fully understand this thing. "Pandoc properties" - is it pandoc
variables, which are specified using -V command line option? "docx
properties" - is it same as LibreOffice "fields"?

@ 2019-01-26 22:44           ` Agustín Martín
From: Agustín Martín @ 2019-01-26 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss