* standalone documentclass Latex output
@ 2019-08-05 19:30 Sau Rus
From: Sau Rus @ 2019-08-05 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

First of all, let me say that I'm by no mean a Latex expert...

I'm using pandoc-generated Beamer pages as EPS (Encapsulated Postscript)
nodes in a graphviz generated layout as Beamer output is both (very) nice
and
readable.

When the content of the slide is a small amount of text, it is necessary to
crop the content of the output as Beamer slides, I think, have fixed page
size.

PS and EPS seems not so easy to crop and moreover it is not easy to
determine
the 'bounding box' corresponding to the 'crop' as with the same page in PDF.

I managed to crop via a pdfcrop/ghostscript bbox calculation and hack as in
https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=10635.

Previously I tried to play with `standalone` package with `beamer` option
or to write
myself a template deriving from the pandoc generated one...only to get
many errors by Latex (as said above I really don't have the expertise).

Request is: it is possible to add something like a `-t standalone` way to
generate Latex text (then dvi->eps of course) as image(s) to be embedded
somewhere
(i.e. leverage Latex typesetting via markdown formatting - ehm, sure, you
know...)

I'm talking about a .tex output, not the compilation step.

Maybe it seems a request like "write a template for me": no, really, I'm
asking if this
could be something like a more general pandoc use case.

Hope to be quite polite to ask here. Many thanks.