* ANN: pandoc 2.0.5
@ 2017-12-13  6:06 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <20171213060625.GA93966-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-12-13  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.0.5:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.0.5
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc

This release fixes a few bugs in 2.0.4:

* The highlighting themes produced with `--print-highlight-style`
  will now actually work with `--highlight-style`...so customize away!
* We've improved formatting for highlighted code in HTML (especially
  with line numbers), thanks to David Baynard's work on skylighting.
* If you use `--pdf-engine-opt` multiple times, the order of
  options will now be preserved.
* A backslash before a newline is now correctly parsed in
  the LaTeX reader.
* Processing instructions can be included as raw HTML in
  Markdown.
* We no longer parse a native div after a table as a caption
  in Markdown.

In addition, there are some new features:

* Pandoc can now output PowerPoint slide shows, thanks to Jesse
  Rosenthal.
* A new `empty_paragraphs` extension replaces the
  `--strip-empty-paragraphs` option that was added in 2.0.4.
  This can be enabled if you want to allow empty paragraphs
  in the docx reader and writer, OpenDocument writer,
  and HTML reader and writer.
* We avoid creating overly narrow tables when pipe tables
  have extra-long lines and narrow header lines.
* Users of lua filters can now override the default
  initialization for the Lua interpreter, e.g. to enable
  libraries to use in all filters, or extend the default
  modules (thanks to Albert Krewinkel).

For a complete list of changes, see the changelog.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.0.5
       [not found] ` <20171213060625.GA93966-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-12-13 14:43   ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2017-12-13 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, John MacFarlane

On 12/13/17 1:06 AM, John MacFarlane wrote:
> This release fixes a few bugs in 2.0.4:

Thanks John, I also see the changes for 4027, but my dollar sign is still mangled.

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/4027#issuecomment-351410256

I figure I'm doing something wrong....