* Utf8 and docx
@ 2019-08-13 15:55 Antoine vidal
       [not found] ` <9c5b4ae3-6e1c-4bb3-a504-f472dec69bc2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antoine vidal @ 2019-08-13 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello

I am using the latest version of pandoc (2.7.3) on Ubuntu.

I am trying to merge a markdown file with a docx file.

but I have this errror : The input must be a UTF-8 encoded text.
I cheked the xml files of the docx, and they are in utf8.

docx file are supported as input file. However docx file are binary file
but it said that they are supported as input file.

Can you help me with this issue?

Kind regards

Antoine

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found] ` <9c5b4ae3-6e1c-4bb3-a504-f472dec69bc2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-13 18:33   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kftm4lxuj.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-08-13 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine vidal, pandoc-discuss

What is the exact command line you're using, and the exact output
(error message)?

Antoine vidal <antoinevidal98-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> I am using the latest version of pandoc (2.7.3) on Ubuntu.
>
> I am trying to merge a markdown file with a docx file.
>
> but I have this errror : The input must be a UTF-8 encoded text.
> I cheked the xml files of the docx, and they are in utf8.
>
> docx file are supported as input file. However docx file are binary file
> but it said that they are supported as input file.
>
> Can you help me with this issue?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Antoine
>
> --

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found]     ` <yh480kftm4lxuj.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-14  7:57       ` Antoine vidal
       [not found]         ` <1bdfdfc0-e6bd-4530-866b-738d53ca3dfc-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antoine vidal @ 2019-08-14  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I made a screenshot of the error message
Le mardi 13 août 2019 20:33:24 UTC+2, John MacFarlane a écrit :

> What is the exact command line you're using, and the exact output
> (error message)?
>
> Antoine vidal <antoine...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am using the latest version of pandoc (2.7.3) on Ubuntu.
> >
> > I am trying to merge a markdown file with a docx file.
> >
> > but I have this errror : The input must be a UTF-8 encoded text.
> > I cheked the xml files of the docx, and they are in utf8.
> >
> > docx file are supported as input file. However docx file are binary file
> > but it said that they are supported as input file.
> >
> > Can you help me with this issue?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Antoine
> >
> > --
> an email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9c5b4ae3-6e1c-4bb3-a504-f472dec69bc2%40googlegroups.com.

[-- Attachment #2: Sans titre.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 13084 bytes --]

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found]         ` <1bdfdfc0-e6bd-4530-866b-738d53ca3dfc-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-14 10:42           ` Dmitriy Krasilnikov
       [not found]             ` <6da54d4c-f86f-4fa8-9b32-2d6349184ade-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dmitriy Krasilnikov @ 2019-08-14 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

this should be --reference-doc=/file, at least.

среда, 14 августа 2019 г., 10:57:49 UTC+3 пользователь Antoine vidal

@ 2019-08-14 11:21               ` Antoine vidal
       [not found]                 ` <fddff39a-71c6-4f05-bcd8-c0a4553a3b23-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antoine vidal @ 2019-08-14 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It is working, thank uoy Dmmitriy

But I am running into a new error message (I think it is for the output
which is: -o /home/username/Bureau/input/arrivee.docx')

pandoc: Data.Binary.Get.runGet at position 4: Did not find end of central
directory signature
CallStack (from HasCallStack):
  error, called at libraries/binary/src/Data/Binary/Get.hs:351:5 in
binary-0.8.5.1:Data.Binary.Get

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Antoine

@ 2019-08-14 22:27                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                     ` <yh480ktvaj5qo5.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-08-14 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine vidal, pandoc-discuss

That means that pandoc has tried to unpack a malformed zip file.
It is more likely for the reference docx than for an output
file (try without specifying a reference.docx to see if it goes
away).

Antoine vidal <antoinevidal98-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> It is working, thank uoy Dmmitriy
>
> But I am running into a new error message (I think it is for the output
> which is: -o /home/username/Bureau/input/arrivee.docx')
>
> pandoc: Data.Binary.Get.runGet at position 4: Did not find end of central
> directory signature
> CallStack (from HasCallStack):
>   error, called at libraries/binary/src/Data/Binary/Get.hs:351:5 in
> binary-0.8.5.1:Data.Binary.Get
>
> Do you know how to solve this problem?
>
> Antoine
>
> Le mercredi 14 août 2019 12:42:44 UTC+2, Dmitriy Krasilnikov a écrit :
>>
>> this should be --reference-doc=/file, at least.
>>
>> среда, 14 августа 2019 г., 10:57:49 UTC+3 пользователь Antoine vidal
>> написал:
>>>

>>> I made a screenshot of the error message

> --

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found]                     ` <yh480ktvaj5qo5.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-19  8:43                       ` Antoine vidal
       [not found]                         ` <42c13a39-67e3-47e1-be96-ebddfd3e3298-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Antoine vidal @ 2019-08-19  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi John, well it is working today but I don't know why.
thank you for your help.

I have an another question:
How do  I keep the layout of the input file?
I want to copy a file from  md to a docx but when I do so, it doesnt keep
the markdown layout; it just copy the raw text from the markdown file to
the docx.

Can you help me with that?
Antoine

Le jeudi 15 août 2019 00:27:21 UTC+2, John MacFarlane a écrit :

> That means that pandoc has tried to unpack a malformed zip file.
> It is more likely for the reference docx than for an output
> file (try without specifying a reference.docx to see if it goes
> away).
>
> Antoine vidal <antoine...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>
> > It is working, thank uoy Dmmitriy
> >
> > But I am running into a new error message (I think it is for the output
> > which is: -o /home/username/Bureau/input/arrivee.docx')
> >
> > pandoc: Data.Binary.Get.runGet at position 4: Did not find end of
> central
> > directory signature
> > CallStack (from HasCallStack):
> >   error, called at libraries/binary/src/Data/Binary/Get.hs:351:5 in
> > binary-0.8.5.1:Data.Binary.Get
> >
> > Do you know how to solve this problem?
> >
> > Antoine
> >
> > Le mercredi 14 août 2019 12:42:44 UTC+2, Dmitriy Krasilnikov a écrit :
> >>
> >> this should be --reference-doc=/file, at least.
> >>
> >> среда, 14 августа 2019 г., 10:57:49 UTC+3 пользователь Antoine vidal

> send
> >>>>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9c5b4ae3-6e1c-4bb3-a504-f472dec69bc2%40googlegroups.com.
>

> > --
> an email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fddff39a-71c6-4f05-bcd8-c0a4553a3b23%40googlegroups.com.

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found]                         ` <42c13a39-67e3-47e1-be96-ebddfd3e3298-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-20  6:25                           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                             ` <m2k1b8icaa.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-08-20  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine vidal, pandoc-discuss

I'm not sure what you mean by "layout."
Do you mean line breaks?  If so, you could
try with `-f markdown+hard_line_breaks`.

* Re: Utf8 and docx
       [not found]                             ` <m2k1b8icaa.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-22 10:31                               ` Antoine vidal
From: Antoine vidal @ 2019-08-22 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)