* markdown lists in latex environments
@ 2015-07-09 16:14 Joshua Moerman
       [not found] ` <16b080b8-117b-4715-b48f-222636e51494-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Joshua Moerman @ 2015-07-09 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I am new to pandoc (so I am not sure this is the right place to ask). I am
writing markdown and want to convert it to latex. I happen to also have
some latex already in my markdown file. In particular I have a list in a
lemma environment:

\begin{lemma}
The following are equivalent:

- the moon is made out of cheese
- the axiom of choice
\end{lemma}

But this does not result in an itemize. By removing the \begin command, it
does result in an itemize (you can see that here
<http://tinyurl.com/p33ehs7>). Of course, one of the fixes is to use the
latex itemize environment, but I prefer the compact markdown syntax. Are
there any workarounds / options / filters ?

Thanks

(I also posted this question on tex stack
exchange: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/254521/pandoc-lists-in-environments)

* Re: markdown lists in latex environments
       [not found] ` <16b080b8-117b-4715-b48f-222636e51494-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-07-09 18:10   ` kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg
       [not found]     ` <ca71f007-24ec-4e8d-b611-a0850608fb2f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg @ 2015-07-09 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The answer (a workaround) is on tex.stackexchange :-)

The reason for requiring this workaround: everything in between \begin{something}
... \end{something} is treated by Pandoc as raw TeX/LaTeX.

Hi,

​

@ 2015-07-09 20:05       ` Joshua Moerman
From: Joshua Moerman @ 2015-07-09 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)