Den 2016-12-09 kl. 19:43, skrev Sergio Correia: > Alternatively, translation icons can provide some inspiration: > > https://cdn3.iconfinder.com/data/icons/text-editor-1/24/Translate-512.png > I had a go on that idea, combined with some others which have come up, heeding the KISS principle, keeping it monochrome -- it must print well in b/w documents! -- and being conservative with black ink because I think too much black gives a hard and heavy feel. The symbolism is hopefully obvious. Asterisks are used for emphasis in several (all?) of the light markup formats Pandoc supports. Several others use angle bracket markup, and some use braces prominently (notably LaTeX and JSON). To be honest the fourth symbol was harder to come up with, but the @ may allude to Pandoc's citation markup (and to BibTeX). Perhaps $$, for math, would have been better, preserving the pairing/delimiter theme? Someone who is more of an artist than I am could certainly realize the idea better than I can, of course! (SVG version obtainable on request) /bpj -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ee15684d-fc1c-068c-055e-ea0d750e2260%40gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.