* Cannot find reference.docx
@ 2018-05-03  0:17 Eamon Byrne
       [not found] ` <2a803abf-c105-4c3b-94b6-9ef05c90cbfe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Eamon Byrne @ 2018-05-03  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi. Your amazing program is working fine, and now I'm moving on to
fine-tuning.

In the docs, it says that for Windows installs,  there is a "Default user
data directory" at   C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\pandoc

Indeed, typing "pandoc --version" at the command prompt tells me that is so.

However, there is no such folder in ..\Roaming  (Unless it's a hidden
folder?)

I was presuming that a default reference.docx file came with the pandoc
installation, and would be there. I can't find this file anywhere on my
computer.

Do I have to create a new pandoc folder under
C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\   and place my own reference.docx file
into it?

Or was my install using the msi unsuccessful and I should reinstall pandoc.

 Other than that, all good.

* Re: Cannot find reference.docx
       [not found] ` <2a803abf-c105-4c3b-94b6-9ef05c90cbfe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-05-03  1:14   ` Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
       [not found]     ` <CA+u6gbxGSuFUdc3thWZDvFhW6XDxxa0Xy=wr+eHhhvaFMF7x-Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic @ 2018-05-03  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 3 May 2018 at 10:17, Eamon Byrne <vote1nbn-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi. Your amazing program is working fine, and now I'm moving on to
> fine-tuning.
>
> In the docs, it says that for Windows installs,  there is a "Default user
> data directory" at   C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\pandoc
>
> Indeed, typing "pandoc --version" at the command prompt tells me that is so.
>
> However, there is no such folder in ..\Roaming  (Unless it's a hidden
> folder?)
>
> I was presuming that a default reference.docx file came with the pandoc
> installation, and would be there. I can't find this file anywhere on my
> computer.
>
> Do I have to create a new pandoc folder under
> C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\   and place my own reference.docx file
> into it?

If you want a custom reference.docx, then you need to create the
folder and place it there.

For most formats, you can do:

pandoc --print-default-template=$FOO

However, this doesn't seem to work for docx, presumably because it's a
binary format.

> Or was my install using the msi unsuccessful and I should reinstall pandoc.
>
>  Other than that, all good.
>
> --

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

@ 2018-05-03 16:28   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-05-03 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eamon Byrne, pandoc-discuss

Eamon Byrne <vote1nbn-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Do I have to create a new pandoc folder under
> C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\   and place my own reference.docx file
> into it?

Exactly.  Pandoc doesn't create any files or directories  unless you
explicitly tell it to.

@ 2018-05-03 16:31       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-05-03 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

> However, this doesn't seem to work for docx, presumably because it's a
> binary format.

There are instructions in the manual, under --reference-doc.

@ 2018-05-03 21:49   ` Eamon Byrne
From: Eamon Byrne @ 2018-05-03 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss