From: "kurt.pfeifle via pandoc-discuss" <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: `\includepdf{...}` raw LaTeX massively scaled down in PDF output by adding `![](image)` to Markdown
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 06:25:43 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 4:19:37 AM UTC+2, kurt.p…@googlemail.com wrote:

I’ve just submitted a bug report (#2856)

> *“If Markdown input contains image, then \includepdf{some.pdf} output
> scales down far too much.”*
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/2856
>
> I have an MWE (minimally working -- i.e. showing the buggy behavior --
> example) attached to the report there.
>
> The problem is:
>
>    1. If I use *only* \includepdf{some.pdf} LaTeX snippets within my
>    Markdown, then PDF output is fine.
>    2. As soon as I add one ![](some-image.format) Markdown statement to
>    my file, the previously good some.pdf content gets massively scaled
>    down.
>
> My current workaround is to use ![](some.pdf) to get my external PDF
> content in, but for me this is a crutch only, for various reasons (one
> reason is that I cannot add Table-of-Contents entries for the
> PDFs-included-as-images as I can do when using \includepdf{...}).
>
> Does anyone know a better workaround?
>
> Is this bug report better addressed to LaTeX developers?

I added a some more details in a comment there.

Most important item: There is a line 37 in the LaTeX generated by Pandoc,
which reads

\setkeys{Gin}{width=\maxwidth,height=\maxheight,keepaspectratio}

If I comment this line out, the LaTeX still compiles, and the included PDF
figure is no longer mini-mini-mini. (It is scaled to the full page width
instead, not honoring any page margin. The pixel image placement and
scaling also ignores margin now.)

To me this looks like some recent change to Pandoc's LaTeX output (via a
changed template) may be the cause. So this can possibly be fixed by
replacing this line with some better code.

​

​