* tip for paths that work locally and served?
@ 2021-06-01 15:08 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <70fc8d18-e32d-1468-c860-3ec9005f4a00-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-06-01 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My webhost was just down for a bit and it broke even local access -- which is what I use 90% of the time -- because I use pandoc's `-c` argument to pass an absolute URL, yielding the following in my HTML.

`  <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://reagle.org/joseph/2003/papers.css" />`

This has nagged at me for decades and I saw something about the "rebase_relative_paths
" in the latest pandoc release and thought to investigate. After reading it a few times, I get that's not what I was looking for -- though I can see where it will be useful. And I appreciate this isn't really pandoc's concern.

Nonetheless, I thought to ask, does anyone have a technique for generating HTML with references that work locally *and* when served?

If tilda/`~` was interpreted in both contexts, then I might be able to achieve this as long as my local and webhost file structures were the same, but absent some fancy rewrites in .htaccess, I don't think I can...