* plain output, smart punctuation, and ascii
@ 2022-01-07 21:39 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <385f2274-f83a-b837-0e82-de9c8245f0e3-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-01-07 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've noticed that when outputing to "plain," smart punctuation is used (including <0xa0> for non-breaking spaces). This seems counter to the docs and `--list-extensions=plain`.

And when I use `--to=plain --ascii`, I get HTML character encodings for the smart punctuation (e.g., &nbsp;).

This isn't correct behavior, is it?