I say keep it simple and obvious, like the attached most humble proposal. The word PANDOC being spelled out is a feature, but I can see an "icon" version which is reduced to the document outline, the P with the D below it and the asterisk. The turned A emphasizes the meaning "all" of the Greek word "pan", i.e. Pandoc converts between "all" markup formats. The asterisk symbolizes Markdown, Pandoc's preferred source format, and light markup in general. /bpj Den 2016-12-08 kl. 13:56, skrev Kolen Cheung: > I think may be just using the type (it was the original idea). Say pick a > good open source font, and play with negative space. > > I don't know if the short form will be too short though, I never heard > people called pandoc `pd` (though I heard pmd, PFM, etc.). But on the other > hand, having the `an` and `oc` seems killing the idea. (one of the example > above kind of did this and is kind of ugly. But then his idea of joining > the Pd together along the straight line might worth exploring: may be a > multi-axe? Multitool on steroid?) > > On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 4:31:32 AM UTC-8, Joost wrote: >> >> >> On Thu, Dec 08 2016, Kolen Cheung wrote: >>> Over there I draft a design of pandoc logo by playing on the >>> symmetry >>> between P and d. One expression of that idea is an axe looks >>> like P and the >>> same thing rotated looks like d. The reason an axe is used is >>> because this >>> kind of echo pandoc being like a Swiss army knife, where an axe >>> is like >>> that on steroid. A proper design of that axe should resemble the >>> letter P >>> and d better. >> >> FWIW, I don't associate an axe with "Swiss army knife on >> steroids". A Swiss army knife gets its reputation because instead >> of being just a knife, it has a lot of different tools for >> different jobs. An axe is, well, just an axe, and sophistication >> is not what comes to mind when I think about its cutting power. >> >> That plus the fact that I think it'll be difficult if not >> impossible to make an axe look like a p or d means that I would >> suggest not to pursue the idea of using axes. I do very much like >> the idea of integrating a p and a d into the logo, and sadly have >> no better ideas to offer. :-( >> >> >> >> -- >> Joost Kremers >> Life has its moments >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/f43d45a9-3707-7b9c-23b8-6be91ef472fd%40gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.